Saturday, September 13, 2014

Week 37 Review: Obsession

From Goodreads:
He's arrogant, domineering, and... To. Die. For.

Hunter is a ruthless killer. And the Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn't chafe too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoys his job. That is, until he's saddled with something he's never had to do before: protect a human from his mortal enemy.

Serena Cross didn't believe her best friend when she claimed to have seen the son of a powerful senator turn into something... unnatural. Who would? But then she witnesses her friend's murder at the hands of what can only be an alien, thrusting her into a world that will kill to protect their secret.

Hunter stirs Serena's temper and her lust despite their differences. Soon he's doing the unthinkable—breaking the rules he's lived by, going against the government to keep Serena safe. But are the aliens and the government the biggest threats to Serena’s life… or is it Hunter?

My First Review of Obsession
My Review:
Rereading this book, it was so good! I mean, rereading the whole Lux series with this, getting a full picture of the universe, and all the details that were there, it's just adding to the depth and the complicity, and my enjoyment, all these details!

Reading this book, and I remember thinking that the one conversation about the war between the Luxen and the Arum, was pretty dark, and yeah, now that I've read Origin, and that ending, and a teaser of Opposition, yeah, that explained it.

That favour that Hunter gave Luc, writing this, I haven't read Opposition yet, but I read somewhere that there were characters from this in that, and I think that's what the favour's going to be used for, which is awesome! Plus it was great to see Daemon, and read it from his POV, at the same time!

And his brothers! Didn't like Sin, because yeah, he was an asshole, and wanting to continue the war that killed their sister, but Hunter, and Lore's attitudes were way better! And Lore was a way better brother, and their teasing was awesome!

One very important line on page 171 on my nook: "It was a plan to contact the Luxen who hadn't come to Earth yet-an honest to God invasion from within the Daedalus, using the origin." Oh, Origin, we know what that means! And yeah, I guess what they do is probably close to the plan!

But this book proves, just like the previous 3 Lux books proves against this conversation, that there can be good people and bad people in the same species, even the same person. Just because it has one, doesn't mean that it doesn't have the other, and vice versa.

My favourite lines: "Mell was rocking the crazy pants tonight." Because yeah, hearing from someone who just learned a bit about the Luxen, when you don't know about them, makes you think the other person is crazy! "Like a walking, f**king light bulb." Light bulb! So funny!"Are you done acting like a psychotic, cracked-out Muppet baby?" That is just so random! Loved it so much! "You're about to get a feisty little foot up your ass." I love all their banter, it's so funny! "It's okay. I like to hear myself talk." Yes, it appears you do! "Hell, I was a woman, so I was going to go with offended." Stick to your guns, they don't deserve to mock or compliment you! You do as I say. It's that simple." Um. Yeah. You just go along and think that! "...I hadn't figured out how to resist the call of the cock yet." You said yourself that you've only recently tried denying yourself! "What could the galactic glow worms be up to?" He-lair-e-us! "Now I sounded like I belonged in a Luxen Anonymous Group or something." Again, their humour! Love it so much! "'You are a prickly bastard.' I smiled then-a big, toothy idiotic smile-and Serena didn't see it." So much funs! "I was f**king cuddling." I can almost hear his outrage in that statement. *Snorts.* "Good to know my ovaries were still functioning like sex was going out of style." Hooray! "It felt like the wells in my brain had broken, because nothing was happening between my ears." That's not a good thing in this case, the how of why she's feeling that way! "Hell to the yeah." Awesome sauce! "Loving him was wrong in all the right ways." Oh, the romance they share! "I'm pretty sure you're also at the top of the arrogance chain, too." Though not a very good idea to mock the one who has kidnapped you and plans on killing you, this is a very true statement!

Loved it so much, and yeah, I kinda hope that this will actually be a series, like is says on the cover, it's an Arum novel!

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
First Read: June 4th, 2013
Read: September 9th, 2014
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a SAC 2014 Book!
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC (Covet)
Published: May 31st 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!