Saturday, September 20, 2014

Week 38 Reviews: A Beautiful Wedding, Beautiful Oblivion


From Goodreads:
You know that Abby Abernathy unexpectedly became Mrs. Maddox. But what do you really know?

Why did Abby pop the question?
What secrets were shared before the ceremony?
Where did they spend their wedding night?
Who else knew about it . . . and didn't tell?


Everything about Abby and Travis's elopement was top-secret . . . until now. Fans of Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster will get all of their questions answered in this whirlwind tale of the wedding day (and night!)—and as with all good stories, this one will definitely have been worth the wait.

From Goodreads:
The Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster phenomenon continues in the first heart-pounding new adult romance in The Maddox Brothers series.

Fiercely independent Camille "Cami" Camlin gladly moved on from her childhood before it was over. She has held down a job since before she could drive, and moved into her own apartment after her freshman year of college. Now tending bar at The Red Door, Cami doesn't have time for much else besides work and classes, until a trip to see her boyfriend is cancelled, leaving her with a first weekend off in almost a year.

Trenton Maddox was the king of Eastern State University, dating co-eds before he even graduated high school. His friends wanted to be him, and women wanted to tame him, but after a tragic accident turned his world upside down, Trenton leaves campus to come to grips with the crushing guilt. 

Eighteen months later, Trenton is living at home with his widower father, and works full-time at a local tattoo parlor to help with the bills. Just when he thinks his life is returning to normal, he notices Cami sitting alone at a table at The Red. 

As the baby sister of four rowdy brothers, Cami believes she’ll have no problem keeping her new friendship with Trenton Maddox strictly platonic. But when a Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever—even if she is the only reason their already broken family could fall apart.

In the first installment of the Maddox Brothers books, readers can experience the rush of reading Beautiful Disaster for the first time, all over again.

My Review:
I loved reading these books! I mean, we knew that they married from both Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster, but we didn't get to see the preceding events, or the actually event, and yeah, that was fantastic! And Cami and Trent were a great couple, a great one to read about!

The main reason Abby asked Travis to marry her? Fear. Fear that he's go to prison, and her idea that no one would suspect that they had anything to do with it if they got married, because that would be crazy, is insane, and yet it worked. And yeah, while it was sad that the fire happened, and people died, at least this came out of it! Because they are just such an awesome couple!

In terms of time lines, Beautiful Oblivion starts a bit before Beautiful Disaster, and it ends just after the second last chapter of A Beautiful Wedding, because the last chapter is a year later, which is when Trent dons a thong and dances to Britney Spears with his dad there, at Travis' bachelor party, which means that those 2 are going to get married soon! And yeah, we got to see a few of the events of the previous books in the Beautiful series though Cami's perspective, seeing as she was there!

It seems that Jamie MaGuire likes to have this universe with families with kids who have names with the same latter! First the Maddox's, Thomas, Taylor and Tyler, Trenton, and Travis, and now Cami's family, with her the oldest, Chase, Clark and Coby. Though I don't know what order Chase and Clark are in, just that Cami is the oldest, and Coby is the youngest. Oh, and their cousin, Colin! Which is cool. Just wanted to say that!

I hated Cami's dad. He was abusive, and he didn't apologize for basically ruining his family, he, as Cami reports, has a drink in the morning. And the one dinner, the way that he talked to everyone, especially his wife, he was possessive like she wasn't her own person. Oh, and he has anger problems. Basically, one of the worst possible parents that stick around to raise the kids.

We didn't get to see the blow up of her brothers, when she tells them about what their dad did, or was going to do, so yeah, I think I read that there's a possibility that we could have more Cami-narrated books, or novellas, or something, so I hope we see that, because yeah, her brothers need to see how bad their dad is for their family!

Who T.J. is, if you read Walking Disaster, I believe, then there are a few things, like he's going to college in California, that it would ruin the Maddox family that she went from one to the other. And yeah, I read the ending before I was halfway through, so I knew then, so those above things, I didn't pick up on until after, and yeah, I'm glad that it resolved the way that it did!

Favourite lines from A Beautiful Wedding: "It was hard to be happy about what we were about to do with the could of so many deaths hanging above our heads. No, really, it was literally above our heads." A metaphor turned real! "All the fight and anger, plus estrogen? Everyone would die." Yeah, they probably would! "Hells yes. I look ducking amazing. When u c me u will want to 2 marry me 4 sure." Love the auto correct! So much fun! "You've changed everything. You're tomorrow. You're the apocalypse." That sounds a bit ominous, though you mean it in the best way possible! "'I said no strippers.' I said, watching dumbfounded as Trenton danced around the room to Britney Spears." Poor Travis! But so funny! "I'd been to several bachelor parties before, and this one had tow in some sort of freak prize." Yeah, it's pretty weird!

Favourite lines from Beautiful Oblivion: "I had watched him grow from a dirty, snot-nosed kid who ate red pencils and glue, into the tall, tattooed, excessively charming man he was now." Aw, they kinda grew up together! "Is your ass jealous of the amount of s**t that comes out of your mouth?" I would think so, seeing what he's saying! "Tell me what to do, Cami. You know about girls. You're kind of one." Travis, not a good idea to insult the person you're asking for advice, saying she's not "If you guys end up married, you owe me a hundred bucks." and "Cami? I'm nineteen. Nobody gets married at nineteen." I guess you owe her that, since you did! Ha, ha! "You didn't speak to me until I grew tits." Cami definitely speaks her mind! "I think Travis Maddox has met his match." And Abby is his match! "He waved at me like it was the most normal thing in the world. What the hell is going on?" Well, he is crazy, so 33 degrees F shouldn't be too bad! "What's an ust edie?" STD. Oh, Olive, for a 5 year old, you're going to have an adventure with a Maddox brother as a protector! "Yay! She's awake! Now we can EAT HER!" Tee hee! Love the teasing! "Holy flippindip! It's colder than a frog's ass in January!" Is that a word? So very strange! "A demonic pigeon that f**ks with my head so bad I can't think." That invokes a very funny image! "Because I have a bad case of awkward as f**k." Yeah, it is a pretty awkward situation! " I won't surprise attack your face." Again. And aw, I'd love for that to happen! "I'm betting on the ten kids scenario." Even though it's going to be hectic, all those nieces and nephews, once you marry Trent? "'When pigs fly.' He shrugged. 'I can put a pig on a plane. No problem.'" Too funny!

These were utterly fantastic books, more Maddox brothers, which is just fantastic! Loved them, and I can't wait for Thomas's book!

Author: Jamie McGuire
Series: Beautiful #2.5, 3 The Maddox Brothers #1
Read: September 16th, 16th, 2014
Source: Tuebl, Bought
Reason Why: Love this/these series, so freaking good! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Books, and Beautiful Oblivion is a WoW Book!
Publisher: Atria Books
Published: December 10th 2013, July 1st 2014

A Beautiful Wedding:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Beautiful Oblivion:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!