Saturday, December 5, 2015

Week 49 Review: Hunt the Moon

From Goodreads:
Cassandra Palmer recently defeated a god, which you'd think would buy a girl a little time off. But it doesn't work that way when your new job description is Pythia—the world's chief clairvoyant. Cassie is busier than ever, trying to learn about her power, preparing for her upcoming coronation, and figuring out her relationship with the enigmatic sexy master vampire, Mircea.

But someone doesn't want Cassie to become Pythia, and is willing to go to any lengths to make sure the coronation ceremony never happens—including attacking her mother before Cassie is even born.

My first review of Hunt the Moon
My Review:
Yeah, I loved reading this book! It was so great and awesome, and I loved having Cassie met her mom-and find out that her mom's Artemis, which kinda explains some things about Cassie (though the author having her Q&A's helps!) and it's just so entertaining!

There were two main prongs in this book. Whoever was trying to kill Cassie, and Cassie's mom. That they turn out to be connected, well, that just makes things all the more interesting, and harder for Cassie to face! So entertaining and good!

So this is the Cassie book that introduces the big battle that is upcoming, that Apollo was only one of three. And combining Norse and Greek myths, as well as others, and the fact that we as humanity would root for Loki's kids instead of Thor to win is a change, and I loved it!

That ending! For some reason, in my memory of this book, I thought that Cassie and Pritkin had another exchange when she gave him energy in that big action scene. But nope, it's the earlier one that makes things bad for Pritkin!

Just an awesome instalment in this series, and I have to read more!

Author: Karen Chance
Series: Cassandra Palmer #5
First Read: January 23rd, 2013
Read: December 4th, 2015
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Onxy
Published: June 7th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!