Saturday, December 5, 2015

Week 49 Review: Did I Mention I Love You?

From Goodreads:
Love is everything but expected.

Eden Monro came to California for a summer of sun, sand and celebrities what better way to forget about the drama back home? Until she meets her new family of strangers: a dad she hasn't seen in three years, a stepmonster and three stepbrothers.

Eden gets her own room in her dad's fancy house in Santa Monica. A room right next door to her oldest stepbrother, Tyler Bruce. Whom she cannot stand. He's got angry green eyes and ego bigger than a Beverly Hills mansion. She's never felt such intense dislike for someone. But the two are constantly thrown together as his group of friends pull her into their world of rule-breaking, partying and pier-hanging.

And the more she tries to understand what makes Tyler burn hotter than the California sun, the more Eden finds herself falling for the one person she shouldn't...

Did I Mention I Love You? is the addictive first book in Wattpad sensation Estelle Maskame's DIMILY trilogy: three unforgettable summers of secrets, heartbreak and forbidden romance."

My Review:
This book was really awesome! I really enjoyed these characters and their stories, it a YA contemporary, so there were a few tropes like the asshole step-brother with a secret reason why he's acting that way, but the execution and the reasoning was just awesome!

For some reason, I got to thinking that Tyler and his family, well, mostly his mom, Eden's new step-mom, was famous. I don't know why, I just read the synopsis, and that's what I got. Logically I know that not everyone in California is famous, but yeah. The brain thinks what it thinks!

I really enjoyed reading Eden and Tyler interact. I mean, it was pretty hostile at first, what with the secret that Tyler has, and that Eden had her past that she was running from, and it just made for some really great reading!

Having read the synopsis of the next two books, well, I know I'm going to have a long wait with this torture, because I suspect that if I read book 2 before book 3 comes out, then the torture would be even worse! So I'm going to wait for book 3 to come out!

Yep, this was a really great book, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Estelle Maskame
Series: The DIMILY Trilogy #1
Read: December 2nd, 2015
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: December 1st 2015
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!