Saturday, December 5, 2015

Week 49 Reviews: Zombie's Bite, Fury's Kiss


From Goodreads:
When Dorina Basarab, half human, half vampire, assassin-for-hire, hits New Orleans, she thinks it's for a typical job: take out a mad master vamp before he can wreak havoc on the city. But when the elusive master suddenly shows up at her hotel, things get complicated, especially when Dory realizes that the murder he has in mind is his own! And that the Big Easy is about to get a whole lot harder.

From Goodreads:
Dorina Basarab is a dhampir—half-human, half-vampire. Subject to uncontrollable rages, most dhampirs live very short, very violent lives. But so far, Dory has managed to maintain her sanity by unleashing her anger on those demons and vampires who deserve killing... 

Dory is used to fighting hard and nasty. So when she wakes up in a strange scientific lab with a strange man standing over her, her first instinct is to take his head off. Luckily, the man is actually the master vampire Louis-Cesare, so he's not an easy kill.

It turns out that Dory had been working with a Vampire Senate task force on the smuggling of magical items and weaponry out of Faerie when she was captured and brought to the lab. But when Louis-Cesare rescues her, she has no memory of what happened to her.

To find out what was done to her—and who is behind it—Dory will have to face off with fallen angels, the maddest of mad scientists, and a new breed of vampires that are far worse than undead…

My first review of Fury's Kiss
My Review:
Yeah, reading these were just so great! I'm so glad that my rereading worked out like this, that the latest novella, Zombie's Bite, one of Dory's, just came out before I was reading the next Dory book! That just worked out so well! Especially since I have a question.

Which is, is Jonathan, the evil necromancer that tortured Louis-Cesare, the necromancer The Reverend from Zombie's Bite? It kinda lines up, they're both pretty powerful necromancers, they both were or ended up with the Black Circle...it's a question that I saw was asked on the series' Facebook page, so I'm not the only one wondering!

Zombie's Bite gives us the story of why Kit dislikes Dory so much. It was kinda laid out on a Q&A that Karen Chance had, and the brief bones were really hilarious, and this story was, too! So much fun to read!

Mind blown. Because on page 424, is the exchange that I know happens in the end of Reap the Wind! And this book came out 2 before that one, which means that there was a lot of planning going on behind the scenes, and I'm just so glad that I'm rereading! Especially since I hadn't read the Cassie books when I first read this book! But yeah, this series is freaking complicated and while I'd forgotten what happened in it, well, I still want more!

Such a fanatic series in a world I love to be in with such epic characters, I've loved what we've gotten, and now I need more (and yeah that Dory 4 is the next big project after Ride the Storm!)

Author: Karen Chance
Series: Dorina Basarab #0.1, 3
First Read: November 24th, 2012
Read: December 4th, 4th, 2015
Source: Free, Own
Reason Why: Rereading! Just love this series! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2015 Books!
Publisher: Karen Chance, Penguin
Published: October 2nd 2012, December 1st 2015

Zombie's Bite:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Fury's Kiss:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!