Saturday, October 17, 2020

Week 42 Reviews: Vignette, Blood Rites

 From Goodreads:
A short story of the Dresden Files. Bob and Harry discuss the latter's Yellow Pages advert.

From Goodreads:
For Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, there have been worse assignments than going undercover on the set of an adult film. Dodging flaming monkey poo, for instance. Or going toe-to-leaf with a walking plant monster. Still, there is something more troubling than usual about his newest case. The film's producer believes he's the target of a sinister entropy curse, but it's the women around him who are dying, in increasingly spectacular ways.

Harry is doubly frustrated because he got involved with this bizarre mystery only as a favor to Thomas, his flirtatious, self-absorbed vampire acquaintance of dubious integrity. Thomas has a personal stake in the case Harry can't quite figure out, until his investigation leads him straight to Thomas' oversexed vampire family. Harry is about to discover that Thomas' family tree has been hiding a shocking secret; a revelation that will change Harry's life forever. 

My Review:
I loved reading these stories! I'm really enjoying the Dresden Files, and it was really great to continue, to get to know these characters and the world and it's secrets more! And we get a big one in this book, about Thomas, which I just loved! Plus, Harry gets a puppy, and it's just so cute how he keeps saying he'll return him, but he doesn't! 

Vignette, which was about a page long, was just so hilarious! I just loved Harry and Bob discuss Harry's Yellow Page advert, because Bob has opinions. I just loved this little look into their lives when there's not a case for Harry to deal with.

Blood Rites, we were definitely thrown in with Thomas's family. The main plot is about his family, we meet a few of his sisters, and his dad. And there's some very interesting politics in the White Vampires. Oh, and the big secret in Thomas's family tree. One that has a very big impact on Harry. I just loved that!

That ending though! There was a ton of political maneuvering, but I loved how clever Harry, and a few other characters had to be. This book doesn't have too much of an impact on the series as a whole-but for that reveal about Thomas. And I'm so excited to see how their relationship develops, now that Harry knows!

These were really great to read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Jim Butcher
Series: The Dresden Files #5.5, 6
Read: October 15th, 16th, 2020
Source: Online, Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love his writing and this series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Roc
Published: 2008, August 3rd 2004

Vignette:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Blood Rights:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!