Saturday, May 1, 2021

Week 17 Review: Grimoires and Where to Find Them

From Goodreads:
How do you catch an elusive thief?

There is nothing more delightful than a bookfaire with his lady love. At least, until Henri learns that a grimoire belonging to the dangerous Reaper's Set has been stolen without its protective box. When Henri and Jamie go looking for answers, they are horrified to discover more than one volume has been stolen without its protective box.

Jamie has never seen Henri so livid or frightened. The spells in the grimoires, unchecked, are powerful enough to make a building melt. Literally. Melt. They need to find them quickly, for the war-era grimoires could tear the city apart--and have already gotten a head start.

With the thief nowhere to be found and still stealing grimoires, Jamie, Henri, and Seaton are more than ready to catch him.

Please.

And thank you.

My Review:
This was such a fantastic read! I love this series, and I was so excited to read this book, even though it wasn't on the TBR (though I did add it to a later TBR because I'm sneaky like that) and yeah, I just had to read it, because I love everything about it! 

This is the first book after Jamie and Henri entered a romantic relationship. I was really looking forward to how it would play out, and starting this case with a book theft when they weren't originally working was fantastic. 

Sometimes it astounds me how stupid people can be. And the bad guy in this book was just really stupid. Stealing these grimoires without their protective boxes, not knowing what that would do is just idiotic. And if our gang hadn't been looped in when they did, things could've gone seriously wrong-and even when they did, it was close! So that was fun to read, but it was infuriating on behalf of these characters! 

And oh, the minor plot of the strawberries! I like strawberries, but I prefer raspberries. Especially since strawberries give me hives, which are most unpleasant and itchy. But I'm glad that Jamie has them, and that empire is going to be build! I just found this plot so adorable! 

This was another great book in the series, and I can't wait for more! 

Author: Honor Raconteur
Series: The Case Files of Henri Davenforth #6
Read: April 30th, 2021 
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Raconteur House LLC
Published: April 30th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!