Saturday, May 8, 2021

Week 18 Review: Shadowed Steel

From Goodreads:
In the third installment in the Heirs of Chicagoland series, the vampires in Elisa Sullivan's world are out for blood.

Elisa Sullivan is the only vampire ever born, and she bears a heavy legacy. After a sojourn with the North American Central Pack of shifters in the wilderness--where she turned a young woman into a vampire to save her life--Elisa returns to Chicago.

But no good deed goes unpunished. The ruling body of vampires, the Assembly of American Masters, is furious that Elisa turned someone without their permission, and they're out for her blood. When an AAM vampire is found dead, Elisa is the prime suspect. Someone else is stalking Chicago--and Elisa. She'll need to keep a clear head, and a sharp blade, to survive all the supernatural strife.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I love this series and this world, and I'm still continued to be glad that we're getting this spin off series, of more time in this world, with some familiar faces, but focusing on the younger generation! 

And man, both antagonists in this books drove me nuts! And for different reasons. The guy from  AAM who was in charge of the mission was just horrible, a fanatic, and just totally unreasonable, and it made me furious! And then there was the stalker, who thought that they knew Elisa, when they really didn't! 

I really enjoyed the developments in Elisa and Connor's relationship. They've been dancing around each other for a while, and in the previous book they basically confirmed things. And that means this whole book they were a thing, which was really great. But not without facing obstacles from those around them, mainly a member or two of the Pack. Loved how Elisa dealt with it! 

Wow, the political maneuvering that Elise did at the end was spectacular! She played to her strengths, and she worked the situation into her favour! Loved how it all worked out! Though things are resolved, I hope it's not the end of the series, I want more of the world and characters! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait for more! 

Author: Chloe Neill
Series: Heirs of Chicagoland #3
Read: May 1st, 2021
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Berkley Books
Expected Publication: May 4th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!