Saturday, May 8, 2021

Week 18 Review: Sightwitch

From Goodreads:
Sightwitch is an illustrated novella set in the Witchlands and told through Ryber's journal entries and sketches.

Before Safi and Iseult battled a Bloodwitch...

Before Merik returned from the dead...

Ryber Fortiza was a Sightwitch Sister at a secluded convent, waiting to be called by her goddess into the depths of the mountain. There she would receive the gift of foretelling. But when that call never comes, Ryber finds herself the only Sister without the Sight.

Years pass and Ryber's misfit pain becomes a dull ache, until one day, Sisters who already possess the Sight are summoned into the mountain, never to return. Soon enough, Ryber is the only Sister left. Now, it is up to her to save her Sisters, though she does not have the Sight--and though she does not know what might await her inside the mountain.

On her journey underground, she encounters a young captain named Kullen Ikray, who has no memory of who he is or how he got there. Together, the two journey ever deeper in search of answers, their road filled with horrors, and what they find at the end of that road will alter the fate of the Witchlands forever.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I for some reason thought that it took place ages ago in the world-and I was technically right, at least part of it were. But mainly it focused on Ryber and Kullen, taking place about a year before the events of Truthwitch. 

I felt so badly for Ryber in this book. We basically got to watch her sanity slip, especially once she was the only one not called. But once she sets out, man, is she a force to watch out for! I loved her interactions with Kullen. But knowing what their future holds, well, I need to know what's going to happen to them next! 

The parts around Eridysi, her of Eridysi's lament fame, were some of my favourite parts. Like we got to see how the undercity from Windwitch was developed and the reasons for it. I loved the history, I loved learning about the magic, and how things were lost over time, details misconstrued. And I can't wait to see how this is going to come together! 

I loved what this book added to the world, of the goddess Sirmaya, and how they have to heal her. And I can't wait to see how this all ties into what we already know, with the Cahr Awen. Plus we learned loads more about the Twelve Paladins, which so far have only had brief mentions. 

This was a fantastic book, and I'm dying for more, but I'm going to have a long wait, because I want to read Bloodwitch and Witchshadow basically back to back, and the later doesn't come out till late June!

Author: Susan Dennard
Series: The Witchlands #2.5
Read: May 1st, 2021
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Tor Teen
Published: February 13th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!