Saturday, May 15, 2021

Week 19 Reviews: Lore Olympus, Season 1, Lore Olympus, Season 2


From Goodreads:
Witness what the gods do…after dark. The friendships and the lies, the gossip and the wild parties, and of course, forbidden love. Because it turns out, the gods aren't so different from us after all, especially when it comes to their problems. Stylish and immersive, this is one of mythology's greatest stories -- The Taking of Persephone -- as it's never been told before.

Season 2 of the Webtoon. 

My Review:
Well, I had a great time reading this! I only recently found Webtoons last month, when Book Battle had The Remarried Empress as one of the club reads, and that was addictive, and for this month, Lore Olympus was one of the picks. And these are just so easy to read, so why not? And I just loved the story!

To be honest, it did take me a little while into this Webtoon. The first episode, I couldn't make sense of who was talking, and it just confused me, so I put it down, thinking I wouldn't pick it up again. But I tried again, and I don't know what changed, if I slowed down, if I reread parts, but I made it through and just fell in love with these characters and their story! 

I enjoy Hades and Persephone retellings. I really enjoyed this take, with a modern day Olympus, and taking all these myths and having modern sensibilities. There's clubs and there's technology, and there's these beings of immense power. 

As well as their love story, which is complicated by the age difference, as well as her being a candidate for The Goddesses of Eternal Maidenhood. Yeah. But they have some really cute and really sweet moments! Though there are more intense ones as well! I think one of my most favourites is 152. The second half! It's so fantastic!  

Between me posting this review and actually writing the review, I since reread the series. Which was a little crazy, but I wanted more of these characters, an knowing more about them, I could catch more details, and things made much more sense. Like that Olympus is more modern day with colours, while earth is in ancient times, like B.C. or whatever they're calling that now. As well as having natural skin tones. But yeah. That's how much I've enjoyed reading this!

I had such a great time, and while it isn't finished yet, well, I'll be reading each weekly installment! 

Author: Rachel Smythe
Series: Lore Olympus #1, 2
Read: May 13th, 13th, 2021
Source: Webtoon
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and I wanted a shorter read for my Book Battle prompts, and they're 2021 Retelling Reading Challenge Books and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books! 
Publisher: Webtoon
Published: March 4th 2018, August 1st 2020

Lore Olympus, Season 1:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Lore Olympus, Season 2:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!