Sunday, May 9, 2021

Wheel of TBR #50, May 9th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. On the other hand, for reward, if I go 4 weeks in a row making my TBR, then I have one opportunity  to have a grace on a book-if I haven't read it in the week or month I was supposed to, than I don't have to read it (though I'll still try and read it shortly thereafter). The reward can work for only one book. Which would prevent me from getting a punishment, but it takes 4 weeks to get a reward, so I'm fine with that. It evens out for me!

Of the books from the last week, I started A Summoning of Souls by Leanna Renee Hieber, so I have Witches Steeped in Gold by Ciannon Smart, The Chaos of Standing Still by Jessica Brody, The Valiant by Lesley Livingston, Nexus by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings, The Once and Future Queen by Clara O'Connor, Dreaming Death by Heather Graham, Dating The Undead by Juliet Lyons, Here and Now and Then by Mike Chen, Zenith by Lindsay Cummings and Sasha Alsberg, Pushing Perfect by Michelle Falkoff, The Good Girls by Claire Eliza Bartlett, left.

For the rewards, and I have 3(+1?)/4 needed for the next reward, so I have 3 rewards saved up.

Prompts Used This Week:
Book Battle, Start the Series, More Than 1000 Reviews.

Book Battle-Violet-The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson-This is on my Book Battle TBR, so it works! 

Start the Series-Violet-The Infinity Courts by Akemi Dawn Bowman-This is the first book in the Infinity Courts series so it works! Lore Olympus, Season 1 by Rachel Smythe-This is the first book in the Lore Olympus series, so it works, and I swapped this book, because I had to read this (see below, because this is the book that I switched it out with) and it's the first in the series! 

More Than 1000 Reviews-Green-Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia-This book has over 5000 reviews, so it works! To Best the Boys by Mary Weber-This book has around 1300 reviews, so it works. And I changed things out because I replaced Gods of Jade and Shadow in my other TBR, so I didn't need it here while doing Clean Sweep ARC Challenge!

Colour Totals:
Red: 0
Orange: 3
Yellow: 1
Chartreuse: 0
Green: 1
Spring Green: 0
Cyan: 0
Azure: 
Blue: 2
Violet: 3
Magenta: 2
Rose: 2

Prompts for Next Week:
Coin Toss-Red
#Bookstagram-Orange
Louisa Pick-Yellow
Dobby Pick-Chartreuse
Booktuber Read-Green
Author As Last Read-Spring Green
TBR Cart-Cyan
Variety Prompt-Azure
Title-Blue
Edelweiss Book to Read in 2021-Violet
Most Anticipated-Magenta
Poll Pick-Rose 

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!