Saturday, November 27, 2021

Week 47 Review: Angelfall

It's been six weeks since the angels of the apocalypse destroyed the world as we know it. Only pockets of humanity remain. 

Savage street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. 

When angels fly away with a helpless girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back...

My Review:
This was such a great read! I'm pretty sure that I've only read one other book/series with the biblical apocalypse, but I'm pretty sure that didn't have angels carrying it out, so I really enjoyed this concept, and it played out so well! I've seen this book get a lot of love recently, and that's so great to see! 

Things are not good for Penryn, what with the apocalypse, and her unstable mother, and caring for her younger sister. But then her sister is kidnapped, and Penryn goes on a quest to rescue her. To survive and also search for her sister, that's a tall order!

I really enjoyed exploring this world, and how it's fallen apart since the apocalypse happened. It's a very dangerous world, and it takes a lot of effort just to survive, let alone go on this mission for her sister. I just couldn't get enough!

That she ends up helping Raffe from being hurt by his fellow angels, that maybe wasn't the best move on her part. Or maybe it was one of the best. It'll depend on how things end, but I loved watching them work together! And I'm so excited to see more of them! 

I had a really great time reading this book, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Susan Ee
Series: Penryn & the End of Days #1
Read: November 20th, 2021
Source: NetGalley/Bought
Reason Why: Sound really good, and it's a 2021 Dystopia Book and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Skyscape
Published: May 23rd 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!