Saturday, November 20, 2021

Week 46 Review: Dark Tarot

From Goodreads:
Sandu Berdardi continues to exist only to protect his people. An ancient Carpathian, his entire long life has been dedicated to honor above all else. He knows his time has passed, especially since he has not been able to find his lifemate — the anchor to keep him sane in a world he no longer understands. But just as he truly starts to give up hope, a voice reaches out to him in the night and his world explodes into color.

Adalasia enters Sandu's mind seamlessly, as if she has been a part of him forever. While she can see the shape of things to come in her deck of cards, her gift is both a blessing and a curse. The true course of Sandu's quest remains unclear, with danger waiting at every turn. She cannot see everything the future holds, but she does know it is a journey they will take together.

My Review:
Wow, this was such a fantastic read! I was planning on reading this book next month, since I'm doing an ARC reading month, and then I got approved for this book as an ARC, so I just had to read it! And I'm so glad that I was, because this was such an excellent story! 

Getting to meet Sandu and Adalasia was really great! They have a such a great story, of her being of a line where the mother holds Sandu's lightness until she gives birth and passes it to her daughter. As well prophecy and the cards, and the history  there. And Sandu, who is utterly linked to them, with a history that he doesn't remember. I just loved their story! 

This is the first book in a while that leaves the compound and I loved the traveling! And if that wasn't interesting enough, we got to see couples we haven't seen in a long time, and that was so great! There were a some really great life updates that I loved to see, like Jasmine and Jubal! 

This does set up for like 4 more books, between the other gates that need to be replenished, as well as the ancients that made up the guardians in this book. We got the tarot readings of their lifemates, so we'll get those stories, it's just a matter of when and I'm so excited! 

This was an excellent book, and I can't wait for more! 

Author: Christine Feehan
Series: Dark #31
Read: November 17th, 2021
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Berkley Books
Published: November 9th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!