Saturday, November 20, 2021

Week 46 Reviews: Deep Blue, Whiteout


Danger on the High Seas

Adriana Anders plunges readers into a thrilling tale of survival (and steamy romance) as a deep sea diver and a former SEAL escape a derelict oil rig overrun with men who have a secret worth killing for.

From Goodreads:
Angel Smith is finally ready to leave Antarctica for a second chance at life. But on what was meant to be her last day, the remote research station she's been calling home is attacked. Hunted and scared, she and irritatingly gorgeous glaciologist Ford Cooper barely make it out with their lives...only to realize that in a place this remote, there's nowhere left to run.

Isolated with no power, no way to contact the outside world, and a madman at their heels, Angel and Ford must fight to survive in the most inhospitable—and beautiful—place on earth. But what starts as a partnership born of necessity quickly turns into an urgent connection that burns bright and hot. They both know there is little chance of making it out alive, and yet they are determined to survive against the odds—and possibly, the world.

My Review:
I loved reading these stories! I'm glad that I looked at Goodreads, or else I would've read Whiteout without knowing about Deep Blue! As it is, I had to put down Whiteout to read Deep Blue, but I finished that and then continued on with Whiteout, and just loved reading about these two brother's stories and seeing how the consortium came about in the novella! 

Both of these stories were pretty high stakes survival thrillers. Sure, maybe Deep Blue was more easily survivable, because it's a novella and has less room for story, and the environment can't easily kill you like Antarctica can. But I enjoyed getting to know all of these characters-and I enjoyed watching them fall in love! 

I was a little bit confused as to how the company basically made claim on the virus. Like, he found it in Antarctica, it can't be the one that they had, the one that was stolen from them. (So excited for book 2, since it's going to star the guy who did so!) So I'm a little confused by this greedy logic, but okay. 

When things were going down in Whiteout, I was so confused. Because there was a decent chunk of the book still left to go, and I wasn't sure where it would go from here! But I'm so glad that was part of the story, after everything that these characters went through, well, that was pretty intense, high stakes, and things needed to calm down, even if they didn't quite settle down! 

These were fantastic reads, and I can't wait to read book 2! 

Author: Adriana Anders
Series: Survival Instincts #0.5, 1
Read: November 14th, 14th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike, NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books and Whiteout is a RR Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Published: March 5th 2019, January 28th 2020

Deep Blue:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Whiteout:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!