Saturday, November 20, 2021

Week 46 Review: Sword and Shadow

From Goodreads:
Beyond the Emperor's law

In the city of Elantra, the law is upheld by a few groups, and the most feared are the Wolves—the Emperor's executioners. The newest member of this elite force is Severn Handred.

Granted a leave of absence to pursue information about his unknown past, Severn joins a mission to an enclave well outside the boundaries of the Empire. And he will be in danger the entire time. Still, the instincts that led him to the Wolves and the sense of duty that keeps him there can’t be discarded as easily as the tabard he wears.

While he's in the heart of the West March, enmeshed in a tangled web of mysteries that have been held for centuries, Severn's belief in justice is going to be tested. It's one mortal man and his single ally against a community of immortals who will kill to keep their secrets. But they don't know who they're up against.

My Review:
This book was incredible! I love this series and this world so much, and I'm so glad that we're getting a series of Severn stories, I just love exploring his past! And this part in particular-we knew that he'd been to the West March before, we knew he got his weapons there, we just didn't know how. And now we do! 

There's so much history, and so many secrets, to uncover in this book! And answers that I didn't know we were looking for! Loved how all these pieces came together, of why Severn was requested to come to the West March, of why he had a Barrani master when he was a child. It was so lovely to get these answers! 

What Leveanna did, that has to be right around the time that the kids were offered to the Green. I'm pretty sure, because I think both happened around the final war. But oh, did that whole element of this story hurt, just the finality of it all! 

I'm going to have to reread this world again. Maybe reread The Emperor's Wolves, I'm not sure, because I already can't fully remember what went down. But definitely the Chronicles of Elantra series, to see the Barrani react to Severn's weapon, and of the trip to the Green that they all went on. And to see if any of these characters are in the main series! 

Loved reading this book so much, I'm just so glad that it exists and I can't wait for more from this world with the next Kaylin story! 

Author: Michelle Sagara 
Series: Wolves of Elantra #2, Chronicles of Elantra #0B
Read: November 19th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss 
Reason Why: Love her writing and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Mira 
Expected Publication: February 22nd 2022 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!