Saturday, November 20, 2021

Week 46 Review: Romancing the Throne

From Goodreads:
For the first time ever, the Weston sisters are at the same boarding school. After an administration scandal at Libby's all-girls school threatens her chances at a top university, she decides to join Charlotte at posh and picturesque Sussex Park. Social-climbing Charlotte considers it her sisterly duty to bring Libby into her circle: Britain's young elites, glamorous teens who vacation in Hong Kong and the South of France and are just as comfortable at a polo match as they are at a party.

It's a social circle that just so happens to include handsome 17-year-old Prince Edward, heir to Britain's throne.

Charlotte's had her eye on Edward, and soon they're snogging all over the campus lawn and common rooms—while Libby busies herself with settling into her studies and navigating the complicated social code of Sussex Park. Eager to put her sister at ease, Charlotte encourages Libby to hang out with her new boyfriend. And much to everyone's surprise, Libby and Edward hit it off.

Actually, they really hit it off.

In this juicy, contemporary girl-meets-prince story, two sisters find themselves at odds over the same boy amid high-society expectations and paparazzi scandals. In the end, there may be a price to pay for romancing the throne . . . and more than one path to happily ever after.

My Review:
I was apprehensive about reading this book. I tried reading it earlier, but I didn't get much further than the first chapter. I don't read a lot of contemporary YA's, or contemporary anything, it just doesn't have as much going on as I'd like. And with this story, knowing both girls are going to end up, well, romancing the throne at some point or another, well, the drama there scared me. But I read it, and I had a good time!

Charlotte and Libby are very different people. Charlotte is outgoing and athletic, and the one people would consider fun. Libby is shy and serious. That Libby gets along so well with Edward, that causes a lot of tension between Charlotte and Libby, even though Charlotte and Edward's relationship ends before anything happens between Edward and Libby. 

While this book is about the relationship that these girls have with Edward, it's also about the one that they have with each other. And it takes a beating, because Charlotte isn't okay with Libby being with Edward, but Libby does it anyway. But it was great to watch Charlotte, after all her paranoia, start to make decisions about what she wanted.

I'm glad for how everything turned out in the end. They had their rough patches, but they worked it out. They're sisters, they're family, and they ultimately didn't let a boy get between them, which I was pleased with. It was a really satisfying conclusion!  

This was an enjoyable read, and I can't wait to see what else Nadine Jolie Courtney writes!

Author: Nadine Jolie Courtney
Read: November 14th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really good! And it's a SAC 2021 Book!
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Published: May 30th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!