Saturday, November 20, 2021

Week 46 Review: Where the Drowned Girls Go

From Goodreads:
Welcome to the Whitethorn Institute. The first step is always admitting you need help, and you've already taken that step by requesting a transfer into our company.

There is another school for children who fall through doors and fall back out again.
It isn't as friendly as Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children.

And it isn't as safe.

When Eleanor West decided to open her school, her sanctuary, her Home for Wayward Children, she knew from the beginning that there would be children she couldn't save; when Cora decides she needs a different direction, a different fate, a different prophecy, Miss West reluctantly agrees to transfer her to the other school, where things are run very differently by Whitethorn, the Headmaster.

She will soon discover that not all doors are welcoming... 

My Review:
This was an amazing book! I just love this series so much, and I love the format, of every odd book being in the present, and at least partially set in our world, with the even stories set in the world of one of these characters when they're having their original adventure. 

This is Cora's story, Cora who helped with Jack in Come Tumbling Down, and it cost her. The Drowned Gods won't leave her alone, and she wants to get home to the Trenches, but doesn't want to bring them along with her. I felt so badly for her, because it's not fair that she has to deal with that. But she's a hero, so she did it, but now she's paying for it. 

I loved what this book adds to the world with the Whitethorn Institute. I loved meeting these characters, boy did I love that, and seeing what it's like, going to a school that want's you to stay here in our world. I just absolutely hated the school, and just can't wait to see how they're going to take it down! Probably rebuild something better, because there are students who need to come back to belong to our world, but not run the way it is now! 

The way that things ended? There's going to be consequences for that, and I'm not sure if it's going to be for the bad guys, the good guys, or both. But I can't wait to explore that, and see where the next odd book takes us-and whose story the next even book is going to be! I mean, Regan came out of left field last time...

This was another amazing book, and I need more! 

Author: Seanan McGuire 
Series: Wayward Children #7
Read: November 18th, 2021
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Tordotcom
Expected Publication: January 4th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!