Monday, June 13, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #575, June 13th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!
What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #574
Teaser Tuesday #582
WWW Wednesday #582
WOW #578
Will the Time Come #575
Third Sentence Thursday #565
Random Reads #551
First Lines Friday #578
Book Blogger Hop #244
Monthly ARC's Update 13
The Reward Challenge Update #560
Wheel of TBR #107
How Well I Stuck to It #412
Wrote that Review Update #410

Week 23 Reviews:
Amari and the Night Brothers

Whatever-You-Want-A-Thon: 

Clear Your S**t Readathon: 

Random:

OK, so I got 42 posts in 7 days, and yeah, I read some really great books, and some exciting/terrifying news is I put in an adoption application for a doggie of my own. I might not be approved, they might not think myself and the doggie could get along. So I might not get this dog, but I've started the process to have a doggie of my own! So fingers crossed that things work out! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read The Inadequate Heir and The Calm Before the Storm.

Return to the world of The Bridge Kingdom in this sensuous fantasy full of romance and intrigue that is perfect for fans of From Blood and Ash and A Court of Silver Flames.

A soldier raised as heir to an empire, Zarrah is motivated by two truths. The first is that the Veliant family murdered her mother. And the second is that her pursuit of vengeance will put every last one of them in their graves.

The Endless War between Maridrina and Valcotta has raged for generations, leaving thousands of Zarrah's people dead and countless more orphaned. So when she's given command of the contested city of Nerastis, Zarrah is prepared to do whatever it takes to destroy the Maridrinian forces who oppose her. And to kill the Veliant prince who leads them.

Yet a chance encounter with an anonymous, and handsome, Maridrinian causes Zarrah to question whether the violence she's perpetrated is justice or a crime. And as she continues to meet the nameless man each night, she finds common ground - and fiery passion - in his arms.

But when identities are revealed, Zarrah must decide whether to embrace a chance at peace…or march to the drums of war.
Set in the world of The Bridge Kingdom series, The Calm Before the Storm is six chapters of extra content that take place after the events of The Traitor Queen and The Inadequate Heir.

Ithicana has been liberated from the Maridrinians, but not everyone holds peace in their hearts. Revered by some as a savior and despised by others as a curse upon the kingdom, Lara must navigate treacherous waters as she resumes rule alongside her husband, Aren. Her only certainty is the bond between them, but long overdue conversations will put the strength of their marriage to the test. They must decide what their future will hold, all while dark clouds gather in the south. A storm that no nation, not even the Bridge Kingdom, will escape unscathed.

5 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that you get the doggie. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. Here's my link for the week: http://carstairsconsiders.blogspot.com/2022/06/june-12ths-sundaymonday-post.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks! And thanks for stopping y! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I really hope you get the dog! I love dogs and miss having one around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have my family doggies over the weekend, but during the week it's just me, which is why I'm going for it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!