Saturday, July 2, 2022

Week 26 Reviews: Endurance, Outpost


When rebellion destroys the underground world in which Thimble and Stone have grown up, they take Stone's son and try to escape the chaos. Along the way, they must evade the Freaks, beings who feed on human flesh. Leaving behind the roles of Builder and Breeder which they were assigned at birth, they wander the underground tunnels, looking for safety yet afraid to go "topside" where legend has it that the light and water will burn their skin from their bones.

Their journey takes them upward to an unimagined world of tinned food, comfortable furniture, and books. Away from their regimented society for the first time, and still facing imminent danger, Thimble and Stone acknowledge the forbidden attraction which both have denied for years.

From Goodreads:
Deuce's whole world has changed. Down below, she was considered an adult. Now, topside in a town called Salvation, she's a brat in need of training in the eyes of the townsfolk. She doesn't fit in with the other girls: Deuce only knows how to fight.

To make matters worse, her Hunter partner, Fade, keeps Deuce at a distance. Her feelings for Fade haven't changed, but he seems not to want her around anymore. Confused and lonely, she starts looking for a way out.

Deuce signs up to serve in the summer patrols—those who make sure the planters can work the fields without danger. It should be routine, but things have been changing on the surface, just as they did below ground. The Freaks have grown smarter. They're watching. Waiting. Planning. The monsters don't intend to let Salvation survive, and it may take a girl like Deuce to turn back the tide.

My first review of Outpost
My Review:
I really enjoyed reading these two books! I loved Outpost the first time I read it, and I really enjoy this world, and it was really great to read Endurance, and then continue on with the series! I have such a great time with this world!

Endurance was really great, it was Thistle and Stone's story. I don't remember if they pop up in Horde, but it was really great to see that they survived. And they came across Robin's story, so that was really great, even if they make some wrong conclusions, given that Robin ended up at their enclave. 

Outpost, it was interesting to see Deuce out of her comfort zone, of this group of people saying she's not an adult, and that women have their role in society, and she just doesn't fit. I really disliked all that, it was pretty infuriating. Plus to blame her for the rising intelligence of the Freaks/Muties is awful. But I can't wait to reread how it all goes down! 

One thing that has me interested, is the Q&A at the back, where it mentions this is a prequel series to a fantasy series that's supposed to come out after the next (probably YA) series she writes. And I'm wondering does that mean that's coming, or did the plans chance and we got Vanguard? I don't know, and I need to know! 

These were really great reads, and I can't wait to reread more! 

Author: Ann Aguirre
Series: Razorland #1.5, 2
First Read: October 9th 2012
Read: June 30th, 30th, 2022
Source: Free, Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're 2022 Dystopia Books and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Books! 
Publisher: Fiewel and Friends
Published: July 20th 2012, September 4th 2012

Endurance:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Outpost:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!