Saturday, October 15, 2022

Week 41 Review: Wizard's Masquerade

From Goodreads:
Who knew the jester was dangerous, or that he would try to steal her heart?
After surviving a horrendous injury, twenty-two-year-old wizard Leyna finds her dream of a glorious career in ruins—until she receives an offer to join the Royal Guard.

But Leyna's dream soon turns into a nightmare when tragic news arrives of an attack on the king and his court during their travels.

As Leyna's world is turned upside down, she devotes herself to restoring normalcy at Rutherford Castle and uncovering the true culprit of the attacks.

But the castle's inhabitants hold dangerous secrets, including the mysterious jester, who is both infuriating and charming. As Leyna is drawn deeper into a web of secrets and lies, they become entangled in a treacherous game of trust and betrayal—but can she trust the jester with her heart?

My Review:
This was a really fun read! This world with magic where it comes from the demon realm, it was so interesting, and I loved the politics, and I had a pretty great time reading this book! I really enjoyed this mystery, and watching things unfold! 

I enjoyed the first portion more then the rest of the book, to be honest. Leyna at court, she wasn't the most pleasant character to read about. She had some prejudices, and she was a bit spoiled. But she did learn and grow, which was great!

But there were plenty of things that I loved. Like her banter with the jester, he was smart and secretive and had some really great lines! And there was the mystery going on with these attacks and what was going on there, that was so interesting to read! 

Honestly, I would love it if this became a series. This world was so interesting to read, and to only have one book (albeit a long book) to explore it, there's so much that could happen on from here! And I would love to see it! 

I had a great time reading this book, and I'd read more by Jay Pellegrin in the future! 

Author: Jay Pellegrin
Read: October 14th, 2022
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2022 Book!
Publisher: Pellegrin Books
Published: September 30th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!