Saturday, October 15, 2022

Week 41 Review: The Sinister Booksellers of Bath

From Goodreads:
Return to the enchanting world of The Left-Handed Booksellers of London in this sequel by Garth Nix, bestselling master of teen fantasy, where once again a team of booksellers must fight to keep dangerous magic under cover before the stuff of legends destroys our world.

There is often trouble of a mythical sort in Bath. The booksellers who police the Old World keep a careful watch there, particularly on the entity that inhabits the ancient hot spring.

This time trouble comes from the discovery of a sorcerous map, leading left-handed bookseller Merlin into great danger, requiring a desperate rescue attempt from his sister, the right-handed bookseller Vivien, and art student Susan Arkshaw, who is still struggling to deal with her own recently discovered magical heritage.

The map takes the trio to a place separated from this world, maintained by deadly sorcery and guarded by monstrous living statues. But this is only the beginning. To unravel the secrets of a murderous Ancient Sovereign, the booksellers must investigate centuries of disappearances and deaths. If they do not stop her, she will soon kill again. And this time, her target is not an ordinary mortal.

My Review:
I had a fantastic time reading this book! I loved the first one, but it did stand on it's own. So that we got a chance to be in this world again was really great, I loved spending this time with these characters again, and the adventures that they got up to!

I just love the idea of booksellers keeping this hidden world of magic from the rest of the world, keeping us safe. It's such a fun idea, and with the left and right and even booksellers. I'm just so glad that we got a sequel! 

Dealing with this latest threat, with a map that takes them to a suspended in time estate, and learning the cost to keep it suspended. Of course it's a case for the booksellers, and I loved watching them investigate, while also working on preventative measures.

Susan just wants to be normal. But her dad is an Ancient Sovereign, and she has some special abilities. I'm hoping that we'll get a 3rd book, because the thing with the bracer, and the deal that Susan made, I want to see more how everything will play out! 

This was another entertaining read, and I can't wait to read more by Garth Nix! 

Author: Garth Nix
Series: The Left-Handed Booksellers of London #2
Read: October 14th, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love his writing and the first book, and it's a Historical Fiction 2022 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books 
Expected Publication: March 21st 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!