Saturday, October 29, 2022

Week 43 Review: Silver in the Mist

From Goodreads:
Eight years ago, everything changed for Devlin: Her country was attacked. Her father was killed. And her mother became the Whisperer of Aris, the head of the spies, retreating into her position away from everyone… even her daughter.
 
Joining the spy ranks herself, Dev sees her mother only when receiving assignments. She wants more, but she understands the peril their country, Aris, is in. The malevolent magic force of The Mists is swallowing Aris's edges, their country is vulnerable to another attack from their wealthier neighbor, and the magic casters who protect them from both are burning out.

Dev has known strength and survival her whole life, but with a dangerous new assignment of infiltrating the royal court of their neighbor country Cerena to steal the magic they need, she learns that not all that glitters is weak. And not all stories are true.

My Review:
Man, this was a really great book! I really enjoyed Emily Victoria's first book, and that this was another stand alone, in a new world, I had to know what it was going to be like, who these characters were and their stories! And I was just swept in!

This is another own voices ace representation, just like her first book, which was really great! I think there's less than 10 books that I've read where there's been ace representation, and to have it as the main character is even less. So I absolutely loved that! Plus her best friend was non-binary, so that was more great representation! 

The world that they're in, I really enjoyed getting to know these countries and their histories, and how they've been in conflict, and are pretty close to it again. Dev is a spy, and this mission to recruit a powerful magic user to get rid of the mist to help her country, is a pretty important to her.

Watching Dev learn more about this country that is in opposition to hers, was really great. She saw that things were more complicated than they seemed, which is a really good lesson to learn. I really enjoyed how that all worked out! 

This was another really great read, and I can't wait to read more by Emily Victoria! 

Author: Emily Victoria 
Read: October 28th, 2022
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Loved her other book, and it's a SAC 2022 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Inkyard Press
Expected Publication: November 1st 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!