Saturday, October 22, 2022

Week 42 Review: Tokyo Dreaming

From Goodreads:
Return to Tokyo for a royal wedding in Emiko Jean's Tokyo Dreaming, the sequel to the Reese Witherspoon Book Club Pick and New York Times bestseller Tokyo Ever After

When Japanese-American Izumi Tanaka learned her father was the Crown Prince of Japan, she became a princess overnight. Now, she's overcome conniving cousins, salacious press, and an imperial scandal to finally find a place she belongs. She has a perfect bodyguard turned boyfriend. Her stinky dog, Tamagotchi, is living with her in Tokyo. Her parents have even rekindled their college romance and are engaged. A royal wedding is on the horizon! Izumi's life is a Tokyo dream come true.

Only...

Her parents' engagement hits a brick wall. The Imperial Household Council refuses to approve the marriage citing concerns about Izumi and her mother's lack of pedigree. And on top of it all, her bodyguard turned boyfriend makes a shocking decision about their relationship. At the threat of everything falling apart, Izumi vows to do whatever it takes to help win over the council. Which means upping her newly acquired princess game.

But at what cost? Izumi will do anything to help her parents achieve their happily ever after, but what if playing the perfect princess means sacrificing her own? Will she find a way to forge her own path and follow her heart? 

My Review:
I had such a great time reading this book! I loved the first book, and I was excited to see how Izumi's story would continue! Things were left at at good spot at the first book, which meant that something not great had to happen for conflict to develop, and to have a plot, which sucked for them but was entertaining for me to read! 

Her parents want to get married, but it has to be approved, and she's seen as a black mark on that approval, since she was raised by her mom. And oh, the pain this causes, because both her and Akio overheard that, and his actions to help her, well, not so great!

And part of all that was her plans for her future, if she was going to college right away, or if she was taking a gap year, what college, what major. Adding into the complications, is Eriku, who would be the perfect match for her, his standing was a great place, and it would help him out too. I loved their fake dating turned something real! Loved watching it all play out! 

The way things developed with her cousins, I really enjoyed that journey. I mean, they were cruel to her, but they were raised as princesses, their mom was hounded by the media and their dad didn't do much to protect her, so it's understandable that they'd act like that. I really enjoyed how close they got!

This was a fantastic read, and I really enjoyed reading it, and if we get a 3rd book, I'll definitely be reading it! 

Author: Emiko Jean
Series: Tokyo Ever After #2 
Read: October 21st, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really great and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Macmillian Audio
Published: May 31st 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!