Monday, October 31, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #595, October 31st

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!
What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #594
Teaser Tuesday #602
WWW Wednesday #602
WOW #598
Will the Time Come #595
Third Sentence Thursday #585
Random Reads #571
First Lines Friday #598
Book Blogger Hop #264
Monthly ARC's Update 26
The Reward Challenge Update #580
Wheel of TBR #127
How Well I Stuck to It #432
Wrote that Review Update #429

Week 43 Reviews:
Where Dreams Descend

Becca's BookoplAthon: 

ARCtober: 

Random:

OK, so I got 40 posts in 7 days, and yeah, read some really great books. Personally in the week wasn't great, I hurt my finger, and the pain caused me to faint, and I hit my head, and had to go to urgent car to make sure I didn't have a concussion. I didn't, and my finger is fine, and the goosebump on my head has gone away, but yeah, that wasn't fun. What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read Awakening, The Witch King, and The Fae Keeper.

Set in alternate world of art deco beauty and steampunk horror, MONSTRESS tells the epic story of Maika Halfwolf, a teenage survivor of a cataclysmic war between humans and their hated enemies, the Arcanics. In the face of oppression and terrible danger, Maika is both hunter and hunted, searching for answers about her mysterious past as those who seek to use her remain just one step behind… and all the while, the monster within begins to awaken…

Collects MONSTRESS #1-6. 
To save a fae kingdom, a trans witch must face his traumatic past and the royal fiancé he left behind. This debut YA fantasy will leave you spellbound.

Wyatt would give anything to forget where he came from—but a kingdom demands its king.

In Asalin, fae rule and witches like Wyatt Croft…don't. Wyatt's betrothal to his best friend, fae prince Emyr North, was supposed to change that. But when Wyatt lost control of his magic one devastating night, he fled to the human world.

Now a coldly distant Emyr has hunted him down. Despite transgender Wyatt's newfound identity and troubling past, Emyr has no intention of dissolving their engagement. In fact, he claims they must marry now or risk losing the throne. Jaded, Wyatt strikes a deal with the enemy, hoping to escape Asalin forever. But as he gets to know Emyr, Wyatt realizes the boy he once loved may still exist. And as the witches face worsening conditions, he must decide once and for all what's more important—his people or his freedom.
In the heart-stopping sequel to The Witch King, Wyatt and Emyr attempt to rebuild Asalin despite unexpected new enemies within their kingdom.

Two weeks after the door to Faery closed once more, Asalin is still in turmoil. Emyr and Wyatt are hunting Derek and Clarke themselves after having abolished the corrupt Guard, and are trying to convince the other kingdoms to follow their lead. But when they uncover the hidden truth about the witches' real place in fae society, it becomes clear the problems run much deeper than anyone knew. And this may be more than the two of them can fix.

As Wyatt struggles to learn control of his magic and balance his own needs with the needs of a kingdom, he must finally decide on the future he wants—before he loses the future he and Emyr are building… 

3 comments:

  1. Great reading week! You reminded me that I had Fumiko on my Kindle but hadn't read it yet. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was pretty great! And yeah, because book 6 just came out, and there's only 1 more book after it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. 40 posts in 7 days! That is probably a record!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!