Saturday, September 2, 2023

Week 35 Review: Crown of Blood and Glass

From Goodreads:
Betrayed by a friend.
Saved by an enemy. My closest friend has lost his mind.
He killed my father.
Took over my Kingdom,
And despite the blood that now stains his hands … he claims that we're fated to be together. My salvation comes from the most unlikely of sources.

To reclaim my throne I'll have to rely on the one man I've hated my entire life for survival.

Solomon Winett is the noble descendant of barbarian warriors and the bane of my existence. He's obnoxious, stubborn, and the only one who rescued me from a fate worse than death.

I just need to remember one once the line between hatred and passion has been crossed … there is no going back. 

My Review:
This was a really great read! I loved this world with this royal family that's connected to this Goddess, with the Awakened who have some pretty similar characteristics to vampires, along with some magical capabilities. Oh, and an epic romance, can't forget about that!

Devonry is a sheltered princess, and Solomon is her guard. They're not to be together, but Solomon knows that they're soulmates-and her father knew, but said for this life, that they'd have to stay apart. Which was pretty cruel of him to do to the both of them, even if Devonry didn't know. To lose that connection, to know that it's there and to not have it, bad for Solomon. Bad for Devonry, particularly int his story, because she fears that she's bonded to her now ex-friend who killed her dad and took over her kingdom. If she knew about Solomon, then she wouldn't have worried about. Oh, she'd be dealing with a few other things, since boy, do they have a stormy relationship with so much banter! 

A lot of this book is Devonry's development, because she'd never really left the palace grounds before, and defnitelly didn't have any survival skills. Watching them grow closer, watching her see her kingdom, and some of the issues that they're dealing with...yeah, I had a great time watching her progress! 

I'm really hoping that the release date of November 3rd for the 2nd book is right, because I need to read more! When we got that epilogue, and hadn't connected with the point in time in the prologue...yeah, I need to get to that point! I need to know what's going to happen next! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait for more! 

Authors: Lucinda Dark and Rebecca Grey
Series: Awakened Fates #1
Read: August 29th, 2023
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book!
Publisher: Dreamscape Media 
Published: August 22nd 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!