Saturday, September 9, 2023

Week 36 Reviews: Wicked Nights, Beauty Awakened


Leader of the most powerful army in the heavens, Zacharel has been deemed nearly too dangerous, too ruthless--and if he isn't careful, he'll lose his wings. But this warrior with a heart of ice will not be deterred from his missions at any cost...until a vulnerable human tempts him with a carnal pleasure he's never known before.

Accused of a crime she did not commit, Annabelle Miller has spent four years in an institution for the criminally insane. Demons track her every move, and their king will stop at nothing to have her. Zacharel is her only hope for survival, but is the brutal angel with a touch as hot as hell her salvation--or her ultimate damnation?

From Goodreads:
His name is Koldo. He is scarred, powerful, his control legendary-and he lives only for vengeance, determined to punish the angel who viciously removed his wings. But if he yields to the forces of hatred, he will be kicked from the heavens, eternally damned. 

She is his last hope. Nicola Lane was born with a defective heart, yet this fragile human shows surprising strength as demons stalk her every move, determined to end her. She is the key to Koldo's deliverance...and his downfall. Though he fights duty, destiny and his first addictive taste of desire, his toughest battle will be the one for Nicola's life-even if he has to sacrifice his own...

My first review of Wicked NightsBeauty Awakened
My second review of Wicked Nights, Beauty Awakened
My Review:
I just loved reading these books again! If you've read a decent number of my reviews, then you'll know the spiel-I don't have a good memory, and it's been almost a decade since I last read these books-I don't remember what happened, besides that they had happy endings, so it was basically like reading them again for the first time. And I'm not mad, I had a great time reading them!

I really loved getting a look into the Angels, they've been around since nearly the beginning, book 5, I believe, has Olivia, an angel, so yeah, to have a series that's focused on them, was really great, I loved learning more about spirits and souls and such! 

Zacharel and Annabelle, I just love them together! She's been through so much-it turns out because of the connection that she has with Zacharel, and his brother, but I love seeing them together, working through their issues! 

Koldo was an interesting character because his mom was an angel, who as it turns out was raped by his dad-but the way that she treated Koldo, when it wasn't his fault, was pretty awful. But it was just a great story of forgiveness and healing! 

I loved reading these books again and I can't wait to continue on with my reread! 

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Angels of the Dark #1, 2
First Read: June 30th, 2012, March 13th, 2013
Second Read: February 21st, April 23rd, 2014
Read: September 8th, 8th, 2023
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book!
Publisher: HQN Books
Published: June 26th 2012, February 26th 2013

Wicked Nights:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Beauty Awakened:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!