Saturday, February 3, 2024

Week 5 Review: Joyride

From Goodreads:
A fun, romantic story about challenging yourself and what you always thought you wanted.

Who says opposites don't attract?

It's been several years since Carly Vega's parents were deported. Carly lives with her older brother, studies hard, and works the graveyard shift at a convenience store to earn enough to bring her parents back from Mexico.

Arden Moss used to be the star quarterback at school. He used to date popular blondes and have fun pranking with his older sister. But now all that's changed, and Arden needs a new accomplice. Especially one his father, the town sheriff, will disapprove.

All Carly wants, at first, is to stay under the radar and do what her family expects. All Arden wants is to not do what his family expects. When their paths cross, they each realize they've been living according to the wishes of others. Carly and Arden's journey toward their true hearts―and one another―is funny, romantic, and sometimes harsh. Just like real life.

My Review:
This book was so entertaining! I've read most of Anna Banks' books, this is one of the ones that I hadn't gotten to, and it's one of the only contemporary books, at least under this name. So I was interested to see what she would do with it! 

Both of these characters have things going on, that a joyride, that's something that they need in their lives.


This was such a great read, and I can't wait to catch up to everything that Anna Banks has written! 

Author: Anna Banks 
Read: January 29th, 2024
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a RR Book and a SAC 2024 Book!  
Publisher: Square Fish
Published: June 2nd 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!