Saturday, February 17, 2024

Week 7 Review: Heartstopper: Volume Five

From Goodreads:
Boy meets boy. Boys become friends. Boys fall in love. The bestselling LGBTQ+ graphic novel about life, love, and everything that happens in this is the fifth volume of the much-loved HEARTSTOPPER series, featuring gorgeous two-color artwork. Nick and Charlie are very much in love. They've finally said those three little words, and Charlie has almost persuaded his mum to let him sleep over at Nick's house... but with Nick going off to university next year, is everything about to change? By Alice Oseman, winner of the YA Book Prize, Heartstopper encompasses all the small moments of Nick and Charlie's lives that together make up something larger, which speaks to all of us. Contains discussions around mental health and eating disorders, and sexual references.

My Review:
This was an absolutely fantastic read! I just adore this series so much, and it was really great to spend this time with the characters again! After what they went through in the last one, with Charlie's anorexia, I couldn't wait to see what would happen in their lives next! 

They each had their struggles-Nick with figuring out where he wanted to go to university next year-and how far away it would be from Charlie. And Charlie was dealing with body image issues, and his confidence-including joining a band and performing in front of a group, and I loved both things!  

Then there was the story of them together-and going further with their relationship. And they got all sorts of help and advice from their friends, which was great, they are supported. It was a really adorable, and true-to-life experience, and it was great to read it! 

One thing that I loved about this book, was that at the end, we got a timeline of the events of the series, alongside the prose stories, so that was so great to learn, to fit everything together in my head, in the order that it happens!

Loved reading this, and I'll be sad, but I can't wait for the 6th and final volume! 

Author: Alice Oseman 
Series: Heartstopper #5, , Osemanverse #7
Read: February 14th, 2024
Source: Library 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2024 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Graphix 
Published: December 7th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!