Saturday, February 10, 2024

Week 6 Review: The Keeper of the Mist

From Goodreads:
Keri has been struggling to run her family bakery since her mother passed away.  Now the father she barely knew—the Lord of Nimmira—has died, and ancient magic has decreed that she will take his place as the new Lady. The position has never been so dangerous: the mists that hide Nimmira from its vicious, land-hungry neighbors have failed, and Keri's people are visible to strangers for the first time since the mists were put in place generations ago. 

At the same time, three half-brothers with their own eyes on the crown make life within the House just as dangerous as the world outside. But Keri has three people to guide her: her mysterious Timekeeper, clever Bookkeeper, and steadfast Doorkeeper. Together they must find a way to repair the boundary before her neighbors realize just how vulnerable Nimmira is.

My first review of The Keeper of the Mist
My Review:
I loved reading this book, again! Pretty much right after I finished reading it I wanted to reread it, because it was so good, and I wanted to be in this world longer. It's probably never going to become a series, which is sad, so I needed to spend more time in this world! 

The thing about this book is that the magic isn't explained, at least not Nimmira's magic, so it's really a go with the flow, things work because we're told they work that way. And it just adds this layer of haziness to this book, that anything could happen.

Keri really dislikes her father. He got her mother, who was a maid, pregnant. And then never saw Keri. Her mom raised her to be strong and independent-and those are qualities that she needs once she becomes the Lady of Nimmira.

Which is not an easy position, espcailly after the screw-ups that her father and his people did, that harmed the magic that protects the country-that brought threats right to their door, and Keri has to deal with it-hit the ground running with this role. I couldn't get enough! 

Loved reading this book again, and I definitely read it again in the future!  

Author: Rachel Neumeier
First Read: November 23rd, 2018
Read: February 7th, 2024
Source: Own
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2024 Book!
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Published: March 8th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!