Monday, March 11, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #666, March 11th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!
What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #665
Teaser Tuesday #673
WWW Wednesday #673
WOW #669
Will the Time Come #666
Third Sentence Thursday #656
Random Reads #642
First Lines Friday #669
Book Blogger Hop #335
The Reward Challenge Update #651
Wheel of TBR #198
How Well I Stuck to It #503
Wrote that Review Update #500

Week 10 Reviews:
Written in Red
Disturbing the Dead 

Magical Readathon: Orilium:

Spring Into Reading-A-Thon:

Phase Out Your TBR:

Greek God-a-Thon:

Random:

OK, so I got 41 posts in 7 days, and it was as pretty good week, I read some really excellent reads, and I can't wait for this coming week! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read A Grave Robbery

Veronica and Stoker discover that not all fairy tales have happy endings, and some end in murder, in this latest historical mystery from New York Times bestselling and Edgar Award–nominated author Deanna Raybourn.

Lord Rosemorran has purchased a wax figure of a beautiful reclining woman and asks Stoker to incorporate a clockwork mechanism to give the Rosemorran Collection its own Sleeping Beauty in the style of Madame Tussaud’s. But when Stoker goes to cut the mannequin open to insert the mechanism, he makes a gruesome discovery: this is no wax figure. The mannequin is the beautifully preserved body of a young woman who was once very much alive. But who would do such a dreadful thing, and why?

Sleuthing out the answer to this question sets Veronica and Stoker on their wildest adventure yet. From the underground laboratories of scientists experimenting with electricity to resurrect the dead in the vein of Frankenstein to the traveling show where Stoker once toured as an attraction, the gaslit atmosphere of London in October is the perfect setting for this investigation into the unknown. Through it all, the intrepid pair is always one step behind the latest villain—a man who has killed once and will stop at nothing to recover the body of the woman he loved. Will they unmask him in time to save his next victim? Or will they become the latest figures to be immortalized in his collection of horrors?

2 comments:

  1. I love The Others series and enjoyed the new story in The Lady in Glass. In fact, I didn't read anything else from The Lady in Glass yet and may never do so. I did enjoy A Grave Robbery and hope you do too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love the series too, so I had to reread it before going to The Lady in Glass, so I'll be getting to it around the end of the month. And I hope I do, too, I love the series! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!