Saturday, September 3, 2011

Week 35 Review: A Walk to Remember

From Goodreads:
Every April, when the wind blows from the sea and mingles with the scent of lilacs, Landon Carter remembers his last year at Beaufort High. It was 1958, and Landon had already dated a girl or two. He even swore that he had once been in love. Certainly the last person in town he thought he'd fall for was Jamie Sullivan, the daughter of the town's Baptist minister. A quiet girl who always carried a Bible with her schoolbooks, Jamie seemed content living in a world apart from the other teens. She took care of her widowed father, rescued hurt animals, and helped out at the local orphanage. No boy had ever asked her out. Landon would never have dreamed of it. Then a twist of fate made Jamie his partner for the homecoming dance, and Landon Carter's life would never be the same. Being with Jamie would show him the depths of the human heart and lead him to a decision so stunning it would send him irrevocably on the road to manhood...

My Review:
Ok, I think it should be mandatory that all people of the world read this novel. It has all the things a great novel needs, romance, romance that should work out but does, on top of that, and the story of growing up, of pain and loss, but of hope and joy, as well.

Emotional, powerful, I agree with the laugh then cry statement. Though I didn't cry-I've seen the movie a few times before, and besides, I don't cry reading or anything-I did laugh. There were some really funny bits!

I just really loved this book, and Landon being with Jamie, and all that. It was just so good, and if you haven't read it yet, READ IT NOW!!!!

Author: Nicholas Sparks
Read: September 2nd, 2011
Source: BookMooch
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and yeah, I enjoyed movie, so I had to read the book!
Publisher: Warner Books
Published: January 1st 1999
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!