Saturday, September 24, 2011

Week 38 Review: Unearthly

From Goodreads:
In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.


My Review:
I've only read one other angel book that had a female angel (The MI and ID don't count, becuase they are called N that I can't spell, and not angels) and that was Halo. So Unearthly was a breath of freash air. A gust of air that I really, really, really enjoyed. I had this book read in about 2 hours, and I just needed to read more! (Good thing Hallowed comes out soon!)

I loved the though about Purpose 's, and how they seem to pretty much define the people's lives. And yet, that's not something that people want to think about, that they're controlled, or that their actions were predetermined, and that you don't really have a say in the matter. Oh, and that you're just something or someone to be used to help someone be something better, or so that they're there to do something better.

This was just an excellent book! I really loved the characters, Clara was just brilliant, and her relationships, I just loved all of them! Her friends are really nice, but I know there's something there, something that needs to be found, something that is probably going to be a main point the Hallowed.

And then there's the ending. OHMYGOD, I NEED TO READ THE NEXT BOOK NOW! The ending of Unearthly was so uncertain, I need to read the next book to feel more calm, because that was too good of a way to leave an ending, when the character has no clue about what to do next. So I really need to read the  next book. And you guys need to read this book if you haven't!

Author: Cynthia Hand
Series: Unearthly #1
Read: September 19th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and I just had to read it!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: January 4th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!