Saturday, September 24, 2011

Week 38 Review: The Boy Next Door

From Goodreads:
Gossip columnist and single New York City girl Mel lives lives in the most exciting place in the world, yet she's bored with her lovelife. But things get interesting fast when the old lady next door is nearly murdered. Mel starts paying closer attention to her neighbors—what exactly is going on with the cute boy next door? Has Mel found the love of her life—or a killer?

My Review:
Let me just say, you haven't read a book till you read a book entirely composed of emails back and forth. Or a funny book, for that matter! Because this was such a great, fantastic, wonderful, amazing book! Loved it so much!

This book was just off the scale in funny, and Oh, this is going to be awkward moments. Some of them weren't as awkward, but they had an extreme likelihood of them being so. Because I'm me, and I can see upcoming awkwardness, and while I usually want to avoid it, this time, I wanted to read it!

But this book was just funny! I loved all the different emails, and how events were tackled about the the past, of the future, as what the characters were going to do, this book was just so great! Then putting things together, so good!

And Mel? With John? Just the best! They had things stacked against them, like the fact that he's lying to her about who he is, but that's to pay back a favour, one that wasn't much of anything in the first place, but whatever. They were just so great to read about!

This was an excellent book, read it now! It's a freaking amazing book!

Author: Meg Cabot
Series: Boy #1
Read: September 11th, 2011
Source: BookMooch
Reason Why: It's a Meg Cabot book! I needed to read it!
Publisher: Avon
Published: October 2nd 2002
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!