Saturday, September 17, 2011

Week 37 Review: Where All the Dead Lie

From Goodreads:
In her showdown with the murderous Pretender, a bullet taken at close range severed the connection between Taylor's thoughts and speech. Effectively mute, there's no telling if her voice will ever come back. Trapped in silence, she is surrounded by ghosts — of the past, of friendships and trusts lost — of the specter of a lost faith in herself and her motives that night.

When Memphis Highsmythe offers Taylor his home in the Scottish highlands to recuperate, her fiancé John Baldwin can't refuse her excitement, no matter his distrust of the man. At first, Memphis’s drafty and singularly romantic castle seems the perfect place for healing. But shortly the house itself surrounds her like a menacing presence. As Taylor's sense of isolation and vulnerability grows, so, too, does her grip on reality.

PTSD. Pills. Ghosts. Grudges.

Someone or something is coming after Taylor. But is she being haunted by the dead...or hunted by the living?

My Review:
This book was both complicated and confusing. That's not to sat that I didn't like it, I did, but there were parts that I read to fast, and then had to reread because I'd missed a detail and then things were just not making sense.

I really loved having the next book in this series, since I've been following it for a a year or 2, the first book, All the Pretty Girls, was a Church garage sale book, from the first one that I participated in.

I really loved the tension between Taylor  and Baldwin, because of secrets kept, and things not shared, it was just really great! I loved it!

And the tension with Memphis? I loved that, too! Especially the ending, it was really emotional, happy, because something had been proven untrue, and it was just great!

This was a great book, and I hope you guys get to read it when it comes out! (Which is in 3 days!!!)

Author: J.T. Ellison
Series: Taylor Jackson #7
Read: September 7th-13th, 2011
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved the other book in the series, so I had to read it!
Publisher: Mira
Published: September 20th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!