Saturday, November 12, 2011

Week 45 Review: Blood Magic

From Goodreads:
It starts off simply.

Draw a circle ... place a dead leaf in the center ... sprinkle some salt ... recite a little Latin ... add a drop of blood ...

Maybe that last part isn't exactly simple. Yet somehow it feels right to Silla Kennicott. And nothing in her life has felt remotely right since her parents' horrific deaths. She's willing to do anything to uncover the truth about her family—even try a few spells from the mysterious book that arrived on her doorstep ... and spill some blood.

The book isn't the only recent arrival in Silla's life. There's Nick Pardee, the new guy next door who may have seen Silla casting a spell. She's not sure what he saw and is afraid to find out. But as they spend more time together, Silla realizes this may not be Nick's first encounter with Blood Magic. Brought together by a combination of fate and chemistry, Silla and Nick can't deny their attraction. And they can't ignore the dark presence lurking nearby—waiting to reclaim the book and all its power.

Tessa Gratton's intoxicating first novel will keep pulses racing, minds reeling, and pages turning right up to the very last drop of blood.


My Review:
There was a lot of interesting comparisons and descriptions in this book. That I absolutely loved! So amazing! And interesting, and unique! Lots of fun! And such a great book! I had a bit of trouble reading the handwritten parts, but that's monstly because I was reading it in the wings of a very dark stage, and being very close to be called on for a scene or 2. Anyways.

They had a pretty close relationship, of love, and blood, and had a lot of trouble sharing things, which lead to a lot of conflict that I absolutely adored!

Loved them together, and the blood magic, just amazing! Though I hope that the blood magic, and how it works, is explained in one of the later books, because like Resse said at the beginning, blood is just made of normal things. And some people having powerful blood? That helps, but there why is their blood more powerful?  Questions, questions, questions. Good thing there's going to be a book 2!

This was just an amazing book, loved it, and yeah for another book that came out on my birthday!

Author: Tessa Gratton
Series: The Blood Journals #1
Read: November 8th-10th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: Came out on my birthday, and I wanted to read it!
Publisher: Random House for Young Readers
Published: May 24th 2011 (My 17th birthday!!! Again!!!!)
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book and all the use of blood on it! pretty captivating, sexy and original! I'd love to read your review, but I dont see it anywhere... is it my computer or isn't uploaded yet? Anywways,m, I hope you enjoyed it too XD

    Happy reading!
    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! It was a great book! And review is still kinda being written. Opps. It's almost done, though!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!