Saturday, November 26, 2011

Week 47 Review: Between the Sea and Sky

From Goodreads:
For as long as Esmerine can remember, she has longed to join her older sister, Dosinia, as a siren--the highest calling a mermaid can have. When Dosinia runs away to the mainland, Esmerine is sent to retrieve her. Using magic to transform her tail into legs, she makes her way unsteadily to the capital city. There she comes upon a friend she hasn't seen since childhood--a dashing young man named Alander, who belongs to a winged race of people. As Esmerine and Alander band together to search for Dosinia, they rekindle a friendship . . . and ignite the emotions for a love so great, it cannot be bound by sea, land, or air.


My Review:
I really enjoyed this book, it was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed reading it! And that Esmerine and Alander were both book lovers, well, that was icing on the cake! So fun, and I loved the romance, and yeah, just really good!

Loved how the romance developed, and how it wasn't supposed to develop, and how they fought it, it was rather cute! And the mermaids, and how everything worked out, and that it wasn't supposed, well, that was really good! I loved that it was kinda historical, what with the gowns that Esmerine and Dosinia had to wear.

I was a bit annoyed with the "possession" Esmerine had, like her mother, it was always Esmerine's mother, and that was a bit annoying, but other then that, I really enjoyed it!

This was a really good book, and if you like mermaids, then you'll like this book, so check it out! And the cover's pretty, too!

Author: Jaclyn Dolamore
Read: November 20th-22nd, 2011
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I love the cover, and the book sounds really amazing!
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's Books
Published: October 25th 2011
4/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!