Saturday, November 26, 2011

Week 47 Review: Touch of Power

From Goodreads:
Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan assumes their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Territories, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos. 

Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life....



My Review:
What an amazing book! Loved, loved, loved, loved it! And I really, really, really, really, really want more!!! Loved the characters, loved the plot, loved the writing, loved the idea behind it, and I just want more! I also loved that the idea of Avry's healing came from the healing that Yelena did in Magic Study, which is very, very nice!!!

I loved the plot, and that even though she was hunted, and despised by the general populace, Avry still continued as much as she could while running for her life, to continue to be a healer, to care fore those who would suffer if she didn't take their pain, all children, innocent of what became of the healers. And I really loved that about her!

I didn't like Kerrick very much at first, he was horrible to Avry, but that was kinda balanced with why he was mean, because he wanted to save his friend. And then when they connected, that was really good!

Can't wait to read more, because there were a lot of great introductions to plot that I can't wait to find out more of, about the plague, the lilies, and the healers! And totally beating the bad guy! Can't wait for that! Want to read more now! Book 2, come out soon! Yeah, I know, this one hasn't come out yet, but I've read it, and I want to read more now!!!

This book was sad, what with Flea, and that the healers had all been wiped out besides Avry, but that just made it more special, and I loved it! So good! Which was why I was mad when I read some bad reviews on Goodreads, and that put me in a bad mood, but reading the book helped me back into a good mood, which was very much helpful when I was at school on a Saturday for 6 hours for the play. Yep.

So read this book. 1. Because it's awesome. 2. It's by Maria V. Snyder. 3. It's awesome and it's by Maria V. Synder, which means that you have to read it!!!!

Author: Maria V. Snyder!!!!!!!
Series: Healer #1
Read: November 19th, 2011
Source: NetGalley (bought at Chapters, too, now, after reviewed)
Reason Why: Becuase I love Maria V. Snyder's writing!!!!!!
Publisher: Mira
Expected Publication: December 20th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!