Saturday, November 26, 2011

Week 47 Review: Moonglass

From Goodreads:
I read once that water is a symbol for emotions. And for a while now, I've thought maybe my mother drowned in both. 

Anna's life is upended when her father accepts a job transfer the summer before her junior year. It's bad enough that she has to leave her friends and her life behind, but her dad is moving them to the beach where her parents first met and fell in love- a place awash in memories that Anna would just as soon leave under the surface. 

While life on the beach is pretty great, with ocean views and one adorable lifeguard in particular, there are also family secrets that were buried along the shore years ago. And the ebb and flow of the ocean's tide means that nothing- not the sea glass that she collects on the sand and not the truths behind Anna's mother's death- stays buried forever.



My Review:
What a heart-breaking book! There was sadness, and pain, and loss, and lies, but there was still love, and that love in the face of not really knowing what it was, was just amazing! I loved this book! So good!

I really liked that there was a really good possibility that it could've been a supernatural novel, what with the mentions of mermaids. But this is a contemporary YA, and that suited it, and I really enjoyed it! Really great book!

There was a lot of inner conflict, instead of outer, or a mix of both, no really bad guy except lies, and half truths, what happened to her mom, for instance.

But I loved the romance, really good, and good feelings, and that it was good. Yep.

This was a great late night, relaxing read, so I hope you guys check it out, I really enjoyed it, and the cover's so pretty!

Author: Jessi Kirby
Read: November 20th-21st, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: I saw it on the shelves, and I liked the look of it.
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing
Published: May 3rd 2011
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!