Saturday, November 26, 2011

Week 47 Review: Alpha

From Goodreads:
The unscrupulous new Council chair has charged Jace, Marc and me with trespassing, kidnapping, murder and treason. Yeah, we've been busy. But now it's time to take justice into our own hands. We must avenge my brother's death and carve out the rot at the heart of the Council.

It's not going to be easy, and loss seems unavoidable, but I have promised to protect my Pride, no matter what. With a target on my back and Marc at my side, I'm heading for a final showdown that can—that will—change everything forever. A showdown I'm not sure I'm ready for.
But life never waits until you're ready.
My Review:
What a great ending to the shifter's series! So amazing! Pain-filled, certainly, but still amazing! In fact, enduring the pain just makes it better! Loved it so much! Filled with tension over the choice between Marc and Jace, and all the stress and conflict in the book, and her arrest, well, just really great! Loved it!

I really loved this book, and while it was sad, it did lead up to an important point, that she becomes Alpha of the South-Central pride. Which is pretty important. And is pretty much what has to happen in this book for the ending to be complete. But that doesn't mean that I don't want a spin off series about the younger generation if at all possible! That'd be awesome!

I really liked how the titles kinda had a hierarchy, not in the way that they were published, but in the society, I would think it would be Alpha, Pride, Shift (er), Stray, Prey, and then Rogue, so that was really cool! Loved that!

This was such a great book so I hope that you'll check it out very soon if you haven't already!

Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Shifters #6
Read: November 20th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: I just finished reading the first 5 in the series, now I want to read the last book!
Publisher: Mira
Published: October 1st 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!