Saturday, November 10, 2012

Week 45 Review: Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft

From Goodreads:
Falling in Love, baking a magical cake, fighting an evil necromancer—it's all in a day's work for Audrey Oliver, seventeen-year-old witch-in-training. 

When her mother goes missing and her twenty-one-year-old witchy cousin shows up out of the blue, Audrey knows something's gone horribly, dangerously wrong. Now it's up to her to get her own magical powers up to speed before everyone she loves is destroyed by the sorcerer intricately connected to her mother's secret past.

My Review:
I am so glad that I got a chance to read this book! And I can still remember, reading it at the Denny's waiting for my supper, and at the Turkey Supper, while I was waiting for it to actually get going. So I will definitely remember this book!

I loved this world of witches, and with these characters, Audrey and her cousin,they were just so fantastic to read about! There was a lot of fun stuff going on, and these characters had voices that were just so easy to read!

I really enjoyed how she connected the magic to other stuff, to cooking, because food was important to her, and that was just a little quirk that I enjoyed reading about! It made everything feel all the more real, you know?

So that ending, I was not expecting that bad guy, but maybe I should, it's a book after all, and a book needs conflict, and that bad guy, oh, that caused a lot of conflict! But she won in the end, and that was great, because I want to know more about this witch world!

This was a really fantastic book, really glad I got a chance to read it, and I can't wait for the sequel!

Author: Jody Gehrman
Series: Audrey's Guides #1
Read: November 9th, 2012
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Sounded like a freaking fantastic book!
Publisher: Magic Genie Books
Published: June 29th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!