Saturday, November 10, 2012

Week 45 Review: From Dead to Worse

From Goodreads:
After the natural disaster of Hurricane Katrina and the manmade explosion at the vampire summit, everyone human and otherwise is stressed, including Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse, who is trying to cope with the fact that her boyfriend Quinn has gone missing.

It's clear that things are changing whether the weres and vamps of her corner of Louisiana like it or not. And Sookie, Friend to the Pack and blood-bonded to Eric Northman, leader of the local vampire community is caught up in the changes.

In the ensuing battles, Sookie faces danger, death, and once more, betrayal by someone she loves. And when the fur has finished flying and the cold blood finished flowing, her world will be forever altered.

My Review:
Oh, main, the trials and tribulations that Sookie goes through this book, well, I'm glad that she's a fictional character, because a) she isn't, and b) I can enjoy the conflict that's in her life! Because I'd feel pretty horrible if b was true but a wasn't!

So this title is pretty accurate, because yeah, things just keep getting worse! And yeah, not good for Sookie, great for us! There's the Quinn situation, and there's us humans, and yeah, just a lot going on in Sookie's life!

So one thing I read in another review, that I agree with, is that this book felt like 3 novellas strung together, because there were 3 separate supernatural wars, basically, and pretty much the only connection is Sookie. But it was pretty good, all together!

Lots happens in this, events that I'm pretty sure are going to ripple down the rest of the series, because war, even wars that begin and pretty much end in a book, and are mainly one big battle, affect people. And some pretty significant events happened!

Great book, I enjoyed it, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Charlaine Harris
Series: Sookie Stackhouse #8
Read: November 9th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I'm really enjoying this series!
Publisher: Ace Hardcover
Published: January 1st 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!