Saturday, November 24, 2012

Week 47 Review: Hand of Fate

From Goodreads:
When the host of a popular radio talk show is murdered, the suspects almost outnumber his millions of listeners.

Outspoken radio talk show host Jim Fate dies tragically when poisonous gas fills the studio while his polarizing show, "The Hand of Fate," is on air.

The triple threat of FBI Special Agent Nicole Hedges, crime reporter Cassidy Shaw, and Federal Prosecutor Allison Pierce must piece together the madness, motive, and mystery of what just happened. And this time, it's personal since one of the women was secretly dating the host and has access to his home . . . as well as possible evidence.

In the days following Fate's murder, these three friends confront a betrayal within the team while unearthing the not-so-public life of Jim Fate. Together, they must uncover the stunning truths behind this cold-blooded murder.

My Review:
I've read the book set after this, but I read it so long ago, that I don't really remember what happened in that book, what references to this one there might've been. So I was pretty much a clean slate in reading this book! Though I wish I'd read the first book first, not this book!

They really are a triple threat, because they cover three pretty big areas in crime and law, from enforcing it, writing about it and spreading it, and fighting to make sure that the guilty receive the right punishment for their crimes.

This book, what with the connection that one of the ladies had to Jim Fate, well, yeah, it did cause some tension, because then they were investigating his murder, and she wasn't the most partial. But they got through it together!

I really enjoyed reading this book, having these developments in their lives, and reading about that, because it was really interesting and fun for me! And with the mystery, well, there were a ton of bases covered with this book!

Such an entertaining book, really enjoyed it, and I really need to read the first book!

Authors: Lis Wiehl and April Henry
Series: Triple Threat #2
Read: November 19th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Read book 4, enjoyed it, so wanted to see what the other books were like!
Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishers
Published: February 22nd 2010
5/5 Hearts
1/5 Books
2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!