Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week 46 Review: Dead and Gone

From Goodreads:
Except for Sookie Stackhouse, folks in Bon Temps, Louisiana, know little about vamps-and nothing about weres.

Until now. The weres and shifters have finally decided to reveal their existence to the ordinary world. At first all goes well. Then the mutilated body of a were-panther is found near the bar where Sookie works-and she feels compelled to discover who, human or otherwise, did it.

But there's a far greater danger threatening Bon Temps. A race of unhuman beings-older, more powerful, and more secretive than vampires or werewolves-is preparing for war. And Sookie finds herself an all-too human pawn in their battle.

My Review:
Such a great book! I'm really enjoying this series-and I'm just a few books away to being all caught up to what's been currently published (full length, since I don't think I'll be reading the short stories and novellas any time soon) so yeah! Then I'll be reading the 13th and last book right after it's published, whoot!

So yeah, the big main conflict in this book is the revealing of the weres in the general population, since the vampires coming out of the coffin went over reasonably well. Well, the series started after that point, so we don't know exactly what happened, but I'm pretty sure that this unveiling went over worse!

There is a lot of violence in this book. The synopsis does mention war, after all. Yeah, there was a lot of blood shed in this book! Not fun for the characters, but I mean, what book would be good without conflict? And violence is one of the biggest conflicts, or result of conflict!

Loved all the updates in this world, from all these characters, some of them that we haven't seen for a while, some of the newer ones, because yeah, they were interesting, and things were happening in their lives, and I wanted to know what those things were!

Really great book, now I have to wait for next week to read more!

Author: Charlaine Harris
Series: Sookie Stackhouse #9
Read: November 10th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Really enjoying this series!
Publisher: Ace Hardcover
Published: January 1st 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!