Saturday, April 1, 2017

Week 13 Review: Darkbound

From Goodreads:
Malcolm has seven days to unravel a twenty year old mystery, find a body, capture a killer and keep a demon at arm's length.

No one hates being a witch quite like Malcolm. But if there's one thing worse than being a witch, it's being a Moonset witch. There are very few things in his life that he can control, and after a fight with his siblings, he's losing his grip on what he's got left.

A creature as old as Hamelin has crept out of the Abyss, and its siren song has infected the teenagers of Carrow Mill compelling them, at first, to simply be swept away in love. But love soon turns dangerous, as passion turns to violence and an army of sociopaths is born. 

The Pied Piper isn't just a story, and he's got his eyes set on Malcolm, promising a life of freedom from magic and the shackles of the Moonset bond. As Carrow Mill burns, Malcolm must make the hardest choice of his life: family? Or freedom?

My Review:

I enjoyed reading this book so much! We got to see much more of this world, and how magic works, and yeah, it was so fantastic! Plus, we get Malcolm's POV, which was really interesting, given that he's the one that doesn't want to have anything to do with magic!

I do wish that I'd read this book closer to Moonset, because I'd forgotten a few details. This book was still incredible, it's just my bad memory! Because the escaped Prince is out and about because of the events of the last book! And he's a big threat!

We learn more about the Moonset bond, and it's way more complicated than most of them know! And we got to learn more about magic, and about the princes. And about the past, of what their parents did when they were young. Because that was unexpected!

I really enjoyed the bits at the beginning of each chapter, because they added so much to the story! Interviews from people who'd been around when the original stuff was going on. It helped piece together what was going on now!

That ending was evil, and I really hope that even though this series was dropped by the publisher, that the series continues via self publishing, because I really need to read more! Evil cliffhanger ending!

Author: Scott Tracey
Series: The Legacy of Moonset #2
Read: March 25th, 2017
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved his other series, and Moonset, and it's a End of Series 2017 Book, LLFL Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book!
Publisher: Flux
Published: April 8th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!