Saturday, August 3, 2019

Week 31 Review: Cellar Door

From Goodreads:
After witnessing a murder, Makenna Davies is abducted by the hooded vigilante, Luke Easton, and taken to his underground lair where she must unravel the mystery of her captor and the dark secret that entangles both their lives.

My Review:
I really enjoyed this book! It's on the shorter end, only 150 ebook pages, but there was a great mystery, and I enjoyed spending time with these characters! It won't be for everyone, since Luke kidnaps her and then they start a romantic relationship, but it was a pretty darned good book for me!

Both Makenna and Luke are obsessed with this case, one way or another. Makenna, it's more two parts, in which she has a case of a kidnapped girl and couldn't put it down, and then her partner-both as a cop and romantically-was killed and she was pretty much blamed.

Luke, well, his sister was kidnapped, raped and brutalized, and killed. So he wants revenge on the guys who did it his sister. Which is understandable, to a point. And the line moves because this is fiction. He still goes to some pretty unbelievable lengths!

There was a lot of talk about being crazy in this book. Because there some physiologically torture, for both of them, entwined in this dark case. And it turns out that there was more then meets the eye, and yeah, there were some shocking twists!

Yeah, this was a dark and thrilling read and I really enjoyed it!

Author: Trisha Wolfe
Read: August 2nd, 2019
Source: Author
Reason Why: Sounded good and I've enjoyed her writing! And it's a SAC 2019 Book!
Published: April 23rd 2019
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!