Saturday, June 6, 2020

Week 23 Review: Death of Darkness

From Goodreads:
Seth has led the Immortal Guardians for thousands of years. With them fighting by his side, he has protected humans from psychotic vampires, defeated corrupt mercenary armies, defended military bases under attack, and more. But the latest enemy to rise against the Immortal Guardians has proven to be a formidable one, wielding almost as much power as Seth. His goal is simple. He wants to watch the world burn. And he will use every means at his disposal to accomplish it. Seth and his Immortal Guardians have succeeded thus far in staving off Armageddon despite heartbreaking losses. But they have never before faced such danger. Seth has only one wish: to protect his Immortal Guardians family and ensure the continuation of humanity by defeating his foe. But then Leah walks into his life and sparks a new desire.

Leah Somerson has suffered losses of her own. It has taken her a long time to rebuild her life and find some semblance of peace. Then one night a tall, dark, powerful immortal with what appears to be the weight of the world on his shoulders stumbles into her shop, and everything changes. Peace and contentment are no longer enough. Now she wants more. She wants to find happiness. She wants to erase the darkness in Seth's eyes and replace it with love and laughter. She knows he's different in ways that make most fear him. Even some of his immortal brethren keep a careful distance. But Leah will not. Nor will she shy away when danger strikes. 

My Review:
Yeah, I finally read this book! I've been meaning to for a while, I even started it once, but I put it down and didn't pick it back up. So I started it again, and yeah, just couldn't put it down! I'm so happy that Seth found happiness!

Watching Seth and Leah fall in love was so cute. I mean, there's a huge power imbalance between the two of them-but Leah thinks that she's older than he is. We know and he knows, she's not, but it was just so stinking cute! And their dancing! Whoo!

Oh, man, it's been a while since I read most of this series, so I don't know if the big reveal about the history of the gifted ones was known or not. But if it wasn't, well, we know now, and that was a fantastic reveal, and everything makes sense. There's still the mystery of the origins of the virus, though!

When I was reading this book, I was a bit confused. When they had the big final battle, and things were done and won, there was still around 100 pages left. So what was going to happen? Well, a lot, and while it wasn't action packed, it was important to the story, and I really enjoyed how it all played out! That ending, though! I'm kinda glad that I put of reading this book, because that ending was evil, and if I had to wait to read The Lasaran, which only came out recently, well, that would've been really difficult!

This book was so fantastic, and I can't wait to read The Lasaran!

Author: Dianne Duvall
Series: Immortal Guardians #9
Read: June 5th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Dianne Duvall
Published: August 20th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!