Saturday, June 6, 2020

Week 23 Reviews: A Killing Frost, Shine in Pearl

From Goodreads:
When October is informed that Simon Torquill—legally her father, due to Faerie's archaic marriage traditions—must be invited to her wedding or risk the ceremony throwing the Kingdom in the Mists into political turmoil, she finds herself setting out on a quest she was not yet prepared to undertake for the sake of her future.... and the man who represents her family's past.

My Review:
Oh, man, I loved reading these stories! I wasn't planning on reading them, but I was approved, and then I just started devouring them! My love of this series, of Seanan McGuire's writing is immense, and I loved watching Toby go on another adventure!

The quest for Simon is an interesting thing, because they have to find him-but a future problem is that to find his way home, he has to find Oberon. And that's kinda a big deal. So I wasn't sure how that was all going to play out. But first, they actually had to find him, and given that he lost all the good that he gained in The Brightest Fell, well, that made him very difficult to deal with!

There were some emotional things that were dealt with. Like Toby maybe putting off the wedding. From an outsider's perspective, and from what Toby's said, it's not the marriage with Tybalt that she's putting off, it's the wedding. But all of that is a good motivator-because the situation with Simon, and how that could be a roadblock to their wedding if Toby doesn't deal with it. So that was an interesting dynamic to read!

Yeah, that scene, I wasn't expecting that. It's hard to talk about it, because I don't want to spoil this book. Just know that it's perfect, I loved reading it, and I can't wait to see how everything is going to play out from here!

Shine in Pearl was a fantastic story, and dovetailed nicely with A Killing Frost, of course it did, because it's the novella that's in the back of the paperback. It added details of these character's lives, and to why that part of the plot happened in A Killing Frost, and that was just fantastic!

Loved reading these so much, they were just so freaking great!

Author: Seanan McGuire
Series: October Daye #14, 14.5
Read: June 4th, 4th, 2020
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series so much! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Books! And A Killing Frost is a WoW Book!
Publisher: DAW
Expected Publication: September 1st 2020, September 1st 2020

A Killing Frost:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Shine in Pearl:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!