Saturday, June 13, 2020

Week 24 Review: Without a Trace

From Goodreads:
Rae Cavanaugh would do anything to find her kin.

Even join forces with Tom Brannon.

The disappearance of Rae Cavanaugh's sister rocked the community of Echo Lake. So when Rae's niece mysteriously goes missing fifteen years later, county sheriff Tom Brannon is determined to find her. But as the electricity between the two sparks, Rae soon discovers—despite her misgivings—that Tom is the only one she can trust… 

My Review:
I had a really great time reading this book! It's a really short read, and it's a mystery, so it was pretty intense! I wanted to know what had happened in the past, and I wanted to know what was happening now. I just wanted to know everything! But I couldn't, this is only the start of the series! But I'm so excited to read more! 

I loved reading about Rae and Tom. They both have connections to these cases, both of their sisters were there in the past. But her niece is the victim now, and the Cavanaugh family circles their wagons, closing off the police pretty much, which lead to some pretty great verbal sparring matches! 

And of course, there's a spark of romantic interest between the two of them! I loved to see them interact, because they are pretty argumentative, and that heat could easily translate to something romantic. So that was really great!

There were plenty of twists and turns in this book, I, along with the characters, had my suspicions, but that ending was just really great, it came together really well, and was well worth the read! I just want to know more about what happened in the past! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Amanda Stevens
Series: Echo Lake #1
Read: June 8th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing, it sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Intrigue
Published: June 1st 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!