Saturday, June 13, 2020

Week 24 Reviews: The Demon in the Wood, The Witch of Duva, Shadow and Bone, The Tailor




Before he became the Darkling, he was just a lonely boy of extraordinary power. Get a look into the past that forged a brutal and brilliant leader.

From Goodreads:
There was a time when the woods near Duva ate girls...or so the story goes. But it's just possible that the danger may be a little bit closer to home.

From Goodreads:
Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee. 

Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling. 

Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha…and the secrets of her heart.

From Goodreads:
New scene from Shadow and Bone told from Genya's point of view.

My first review of  The Witch of Duva, Shadow and Bone, The Tailor
My second review of Shadow and Bone
My Review:
It was so great to reread these books, as well as read The Demon in the Wood for the first time. I loved spending more time in this world, and I have to reread this series before I can read the Six of Crows Duology and King of Scars! 

Reading The Demon in the Woods was just really great, I loved seeing The Darkling as a child. I didn't know what to expect, but it was just so great to read it, to learn more about him and his origins, of how he grew up. Such a great read!

And then reading stories that I'd read before, well, I'd forgotten a lot about Alina's story, and going back to the beginning was so great, going on this journey again. I loved seeing her early interactions with the Darkling, and learning about being a Grisha!

I know where these story ends, but I forgot how they got there. And I'm really excited to go on this journey again, I love these characters, and I just want to know more about this world, and I just need to read more! 

These were just such great reads, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Leigh Bardugo
Series: The Grisha Trilogy #0.1, 0.5, 1, 1.5
First Read: January 1st, 2012, May 2nd, 2012, June 8th, 2013
Second Read: July 23rd, July 23rd, July 23rd, 2014
Read: June 11th, 11th, 12th, 12th, 2020
Source: Online, Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Books!
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR), Tor
Published: June 17th 2014, June 5th 2012, June 5th 2012, May 23rd 2014

The Demon in the Wood:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









The Witch of Duva:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars










Shadow and Bone:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars










The Tailor:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!