Monday, June 1, 2020

Wheel of TBR Prompts

So these are the prompts that I'm going to use. This post will change, because each time I do a week, I'll bold the ones that are currently in use, and unbold the ones I've used.

Prompts:
  1. Favorite Author-A book written by an author that I really enjoy
  2. New Author-An author that I haven't read
  3. DAC Book-The first book by an author
  4. Sophomore Book-The second book by an author
  5. A-Z Random-Using a random letter generator, that letter will be somewhere in the title or the author's name
  6. A-Z Start Title-Using a random letter generator, that letter will be the first letter in the title
  7. A-Z End Title-Using a random letter generator, that letter will be the last letter in the title
  8. A-Z In Title-Using a random letter generator, that letter will be the first letter in one of the words in the title
  9. A-Z Start Author-Using a random letter generator, that letter will be in the first letter in the author's first name
  10. A-Z End Author-Using a random letter generator, that letter will be in the first letter in the author's last name
  11. My Initials-A book that the first letter of either the author name or the title of the book, is the same as one of my initials, LMP
  12. Sat on Shelves-Book that has been on my shelves a long time
  13. Newly Published-Book that recently came out
  14. Newly Added-Book that I recently added to my Goodreads shelf
  15. Most Anticipated-A book I'm really looking forward to
  16. Most Recently Purchased-The most recent purchase that I haven't read yet
  17. Treat Yo' Shelf-Buy a book that I want to read
  18. Reread-Book that I've previously read
  19. YA Oldie-A book that I consider a YA Oldie, something that came out at least 8 years ago
  20. Library Book-A book that I have from the Library
  21. ARC-NetGalley-A book that I have as ARC from NetGalley
  22. ARC-Edelweiss-A book that I have as ARC from Edelweiss
  23. ARC Published-An book that I've received as an ARC but has since been published
  24. ARC To Be Published-A book that I've received as an ARC that is to be published
  25. Monthly ARC-A book that is in my Month ARC's list
  26. Late Monthly ARC-A book that I didn't read in that month's Monthly ARC's list
  27. Self-Published/Indie Published-A book that is self-published or published by an indie press
  28. Catch Up With Author-A book by an author that I want to catch up on
  29. Fulfills a Goal-A book that fulfills a goal that I put down in my New Years goals
  30. 2+ Authors-Is written by 2 or more authors
  31. Review Post-A book which I've created a review post for 
  32. Number-Using a random number generator, between folders-my current week book covers folder, current month, or December, and then a another random number to pick the book within that folder
  33. Title-Using a random number generator, the title has to have as many letters in the title as generated (spaces are irrelevant) with a range of 5 to 15
  34. Word-Using a random word generator to find a word, and then that word has to be in the title
  35. Word Inspiration-Using a random word generator to find a word, and then the book I choose has to have that element in the book in one form or another, including being in the title, as well as it could be a part of the story
  36. Year-using a random number generator, using the years between 2000 and the current year, 2024, I'll get a year, and the book has to have been published that year
  37. Month-Having a random month generated, and then that book has to be published that month
  38. Genre-Having a random word generator with various genres, and reading a book within the genre selected
  39. Series Number-Having a random number between 1 and 6 generated, and having that book be that number in the series
  40. Series Name-Using a random letter generator, that letter will be the first letter in the series name 
  41. Shelf-Using a random number generator to pick which of my 19 bookcases to draw the book from, again for the shelf, and finally for which book (if it's a series and I haven't read previous installments, I'll go with the first unread book in the series)
  42. Narrator-Using a random number generator, Female Narrator, Male Narrator, More than One Narrator, and the book has to have whichever narration is picked
  43. Page Count-To have range of 250-500 pages, and having a random number generator, generate a number, and picking a book with as close as a page count as I can get
  44. Page Range-To have random number generator generate 2 numbers, between 100 and 500 pages, and picking a book within that page count 
  45. Colour-Spin the wheel again, and whichever colour comes up, has to be on the cover of the book
  46. Spine-Using a random colour generator, to get a colour the spine has to have on it
  47. Trope-Using a random trope generator, I'll get a trope, and have to read a book with that trope in it
  48. Physical Collection-Using a random number generator with a range of 6, between my oversized Hardcover collection, adult paperback collection, YA Hardcovers collection, YA Paperbacks collection, mass market collection, and favourite authors collection
  49. Review Week-Using a random number generator with a range of to 52, and whichever number comes up, I'll read a book that I had in drafts for that review week 
  50. No Common Letter-A book with a title that doesn't have a common letter (Letter randomly chosen, A, E, I, O, S, T)
  51. Literature Map-Choosing a random author's name, and reading a book by an author mentioned in that literature map
  52. Literature Map Discovery-Choosing a favourite author, and picking an author that I've never read from before 
  53. Author As Last Read-Picking a book that was by the same author as the last book I read 
  54. Series As Last Read-Picking a book that was in the same series as the last book I read
  55. Year As Last Read-Picking a book that was published the same year as the last book I read
  56. Month As Last Read-Picking a book that was published the same month as the last book I read
  57. Genre As Last Read-Picking a book that was in the same genre as the last book I read
  58. Shelf As Last Read-Picking a book that was one the same shelf as the last book I read
  59. Narrator As Last Read-Picking a book that has the same narrator as the last book I read
  60. Page Count As Last Read-Picking a book that is as close in page count as the last book I read
  61. Colour As Last Read-Picking a book that has the same colour on the cover as the last book I read
  62. Trope As Last Read-Picking a book that has the same trope as the last book I read
  63. Physical Collection as Last Read-Picking a book that comes from the same physical collection as the last book I read 
  64. Beautiful Cover-A book with a cover that *I* think is pretty, beauty is subjective
  65. Ugly Cover-A book with a cover that *I* think is ugly, beauty is subjective
  66. Cover Stereotype-A book with a common theme on it's cover, like a girl in a dress, or the YA Snake
  67. Cover Change-A book in a series where the covers series style changed (only trilogy's, since long series do get cover changes, sometimes multiple ones.)
  68. Stand Alone-A book that isn't in a series
  69. Start the Series-That I haven't started in the series, it's the first full length book
  70. Continue the Series-That I've started the series, but I have more than 1 book left to go
  71. End the Series-That I've read the rest of the series, I only have 1 more book left to go
  72. Restart the Series-That I've started the series, but it's been so long that I need to go back to be beginning again
  73. Series Started and Unfinished/Current 2020-A next book from a series that I started in 2020, and either was unfinished to what was currently published, or current
  74. Series Started and Unfinished/Current 2021-A next book from a series that I started in 2021, and either was unfinished to what was currently published, or current
  75. Series Started and Unfinished/Current 2022-A next book from a series that I started in 2022, and either was unfinished to what was currently published, or current
  76. Series Started and Unfinished/Current 2023-A next book from a series that I started in 2023, and either was unfinished to what was currently published, or current
  77. Series Started and Unfinished/Current 2024-A next book from a series that I started in 2024, and either was unfinished to what was currently published, or current
  78. Series Started and Unfinished-A next book from a series that I started in 2024, and is currently unfinished to what was currently published
  79. Series Continued and Unfinished/Current 2020-A next book from a series that I started prior to 2020, and either was unfinished to what was currently published, or current
  80. Series Continued and Unfinished/Current 2021-A next book from a series that I started prior to 2021, and either was unfinished to what was currently published, or current
  81. Series Continued and Unfinished/Current 2022-A next book from a series that I started prior to 2022, and either was unfinished to what was currently published, or current
  82. Series Continued and Unfinished/Current 2023-A next book from a series that I started prior to 2023, and either was unfinished to what was currently published, or current
  83. Series Continued and Unfinished/Current 2024-A next book from a series that I started prior to 2024, and either was unfinished to what was currently published, or current
  84. Series Continued and Unfinished 2024-A next book from a series that I started prior to 2024, and is currently unfinished to what was currently published
  85. Series I Read in 2020 But Not in 2021-A series that I read in 2020, but didn't read in 2021 for whatever reason (including that a book in that series wasn't released) 
  86. Series I Read in 2021 But Not in 2022-A series that I read in 2021, but didn't read in 2022 for whatever reason (including that a book in that series wasn't released) 
  87. Series I Read in 2022 But Not in 2023-A series that I read in 2022, but didn't read in 2023 for whatever reason (including that a book in that series wasn't released) 
  88. Series Not Touched in 2024-A series that I haven't touched this year so far
  89. Series Not Touched since before 2020-A series that I read before 2020, but haven't since
  90. Blind-Having a selection of books, and picking on blindly
  91. Louisa Pick-I'll pick whatever book I want!
  92. Mom Pick-I'll have a selection of books, and I'll have my mom pick a book
  93. Dobby Pick-I'll have a selection of books, and Dobby will pick which one I'll read Not ready to get rid of this prompt yet, but it hurts that I won't ever get it again
  94. Jax Pick-I'll have a selection of books, and Jax will pick which one I'll read
  95. Holly Pick-I'll have a selection of books, and Holly will pick which one I'll read
  96. Lowest Rated-What book has the lowest rating on Goodreads
  97. Highest Rated-What book has the highest rating on Goodreads
  98. Hype-A book that has a bunch of hype around it
  99. Trope-A book with a common trope
  100. 2nd Chance-A book that I started, and then put down, for whatever reason
  101. Ebook-A book that I have, either own or borrowed, in ebook copy
  102. Physical Book-A book that I have, either own or borrowed, in physical copy
  103. Hardcover-A book that I have, either own or borrowed, in Hardcover
  104. Oversized Hardcover-A book that I have, either own or borrowed, in Oversized Hardcover
  105. Paperback-A book that I have, either own or borrowed, in Paperback
  106. Mass Market Paperback-A book that I have, either own or borrowed, in Mass Market Paperback
  107. PDF Book-A book that I have, either own or borrowed, in PDF copy
  108. Audiobook-A book that I have, either own or borrowed, in audio format
  109. Adaptation-A book that has been, or is in the process of (when it's almost done in the process) adapted into a movie or TV show
  110. Book Battle-A book that is on my Book Battle TBR
  111. Physical Book to Read in 2021-A book that is on my Physical 21 Books to Read in 2021 List
  112. NetGalley Book to Read in 2021-A book that is on my NetGalley 21 Books to Read in 2021 List
  113. Edelweiss Book to Read in 2021-A book that is on my Edelweiss 21 Books to Read in 2021 List
  114. Book to Read in 2021-A book that is on one of my 21 Books to Read in 2021 Lists
  115. Physical Book to Read in 2022-A book that is on my Physical 22 Books to Read in 2022 List
  116. ARC Book to Read in 2022-A book that is on my ARC 22 Books to Read in 2022 List
  117. Book to Read in 2022-A book that is on one of my 22 Books to Read in 2022 Lists
  118. Physical Book to Read in 2023-A book that is on my Physical 23 Books to Read in 2023 List
  119. ARC Book to Read in 2023-A book that is on my ARC 23 Books to Read in 2023 List
  120. Book to Read in 2023-A book that is on one of my 23 Books to Read in 2023 Lists
  121. Physical Book to Read in 2024-A book that is on my Physical 24 Books to Read in 2024 List
  122. ARC Book to Read in 2024-A book that is on my ARC 24 Books to Read in 2024 List
  123. Book to Read in 2024-A book that is on one of my 24 Books to Read in 2024 Lists
  124. A-Z Reading Challenge-A book that I can use for A-Z- Reading Challenge
  125. LLFL Book-A book that is on my LLFL reading challenge
  126. RR Book-A book that has been featured on in a RR post
  127. WTC Book-A book that has been featured on in a WTC post
  128. One Word Title-A book with just one word in the title
  129. Multi-Word Title-A book with more than one word in the title
  130. No Article Words Title-A book with a title without a, an, the
  131. Blurbed-Blurbed by an author that I enjoy
  132. Big Book-A book over 450 pages long
  133. Short Book-A book under 250 pages long
  134. Travel-A book that take someplace other than the US or Canada
  135. Mood Read-A book that I feel like reading
  136. Seasonal Read-A book that is set in the same season
  137. Representation-A book that has representation in it, LGBTIA+ and/or BIPOC
  138. Been Putting Off-A book that I've been putting off reading
  139. Wild Card-A book that I know little to nothing about
  140. Retelling-A book that is a retelling of another book, fairy tale, myth or legend
  141. Readers Also Enjoyed-The first book that I haven't read (or the first book in the series that I haven't read yet) from a random book's Readers Also Enjoyed on Goodreads
  142. Genre Most Read-a book that is most read in a genre that week
  143. Goodreads Update Feed-To read the first book that I have a copy of and haven't read that I see in my Goodreads Update Feed
  144. Goodreads Recommends-A book that is in my Goodreads Recommends
  145. Goodreads Choice Book-A book that either was nominated or won the Goodreads Choice Awards
  146. Award-A book that won an award
  147. For Fans Of-A book that has been compared to other books
  148. Reading Challenge-A book that I have to read during a Reading Challenge or Readathon
  149. Reading Challenge Prompt-A book that fits a prompt from a Reading Challenge or Readathon that I've participated in, like has a map in in
  150. #Bookstagram-The first book (or part of the series) on Bookstagram that I want to read that I see using that hashtag 
  151. #Currentlyreading-The first book (or part of the series) on Bookstagram that I want to read that I see using that hashtag
  152. Odd Chapters-A book with an odd number of chapters
  153. Even Chapters-A book with an even number of chapters
  154. Chapter Titles-A book with titles for the chapters
  155. Epigraph-A book that has an Epigraph in it, either at the beginning, or at the start of each chapter
  156. Less Than 500 Reviews-A book that has less than 500 reviews on Goodreads
  157. More Than 1000 Reviews-A book that has more than 1000 reviews on Goodreads
  158. Less Than 500 Ratings-A book that has less than 500 ratings on Goodreads
  159. More Than 1000 Ratings-A book that has more than 1000 ratings on Goodreads
  160. Buddy Read-A book that I'll read with someone else
  161. Steal a Book-A book that is on someone else's TBR
  162. Poll Pick-To create a poll with some options, and having people vote and the winner being the one I read
  163. Coin Toss-To have a book that I want to read, and one that I don't want to, and assigning them to heads and tails, and whichever side of the coin is face up, is the book I read 
  164. Reading Now-A book that I started to read on my tablet, but put it down before I got the point of marking it as Currently Reading on Goodreads
  165. Variety Prompt-To read a book that fits a prompt from a list of prompts that on their own don't have very many options
  166. 2020 Purchase-A book that I bought in 2020, but haven't yet read
  167. 2021 Purchase-A Book that I bought in 2021, but haven't yet read
  168. 2022 Purchase-A Book that I bought in 2022, but haven't yet read
  169. 2023 Purchase-A Book that I bought in 2023, but haven't yet read
  170. 2024 Purchase-A Book that I bought in 2024, but haven't yet read
  171. Owned Pre-2020-A book that I bought before 2020
  172. TBR Cart-A book that's on my TBR cart
  173. Booktuber Read-A book that I saw a Booktuber read or put on my radar, regardless of how much they enjoyed it or not
  174. Read a Book in One Sitting-To read a book in just one siting
  175. Read a Book in the Same Place-To read a book in the same place, though it can be in multiple sittings
  176. Read a Book while writing a review at the end of each chapter-That for each chapter of the book that I read, I have to write a review
  177. Read a Book After Dark-To read a book after the sun has gone down
Variety Prompts:
Audible Book-A book that started out as an Audible Original Book
Banned Book-A book that has been banned or at least challenged
Anthology-A book that is a collection of short stories
Graphic Novel-A book that is in graphic novel form

Total Prompts Minus those in Use: 165

Punishments:
Can't Buy a Book for a Month-Book buying ban! Pretty self-explanatory.
Can't Read a New Release-Can't read the brand new release that just came out-books that I got ARC's of don't count
Mom Picks the Book to Fulfill the Prompt-Giving my mom the prompt, and having her choose the book to fulfill it
Dad Picks the Book to Fulfill the Prompt-Giving my dad the prompt, and having her choose the book to fulfill it
Book Fulfills Two Prompts-do two spins, and the book I choose must fulfill both prompts. Excluding the various Picks besides Louisa Pick, and spinning again if a conflicting prompt is spun, like start a series and end a series. The colours of the 2nd spin don't count.
Overall Prompt-To pick a prompt from any of the above prompts, that all the spins of that week have to fit with it as well as what is spun (spin again if the spin prompt conflicts with that prompt was chosen)
Skip Reading-To have an hour where I can't read for fun
BOOK Workout-To do a round of 10 burpies, 20 overhead shoulder circles, 20 overhead tricep extensions, and 20 kickbacks
Different Game-For one week, to play a different TBR game instead of Wheel of TBR
Bad Prompt-To add a bad prompt to the wheel, so punishment could happen right away, or might lurk until it lands on it

Bad Prompts:
Unliked Genre-Read a book in a genre I don't really enjoy, like Contemporary
Big Book 2.0-A book that is over 500 pages, but isn't one I'm anticipating reading
Additional Spin-Have to add a spin, and to get the prompt for this spin, get a random number to find a random prompt from the good prompts

Prompts in Use:
More Than 1000 Ratings-Red
Multi-Word Title-Orange
TBR Cart-Yellow
Booktuber Read-Chartreuse
Review Post-Green
Adaptation-Spring Green
Holly Pick-Cyan
Colour As Last Read-Azure
Reread-Blue
Title-Violet
Series Continued and Unfinished/Current 2022-Magenta
Trope-Rose

Binge Read Wheel:
Author-Binge read books by the same author, and can be more than one author
Reread-Bing read books that I've read before
Physical TBR-Binge read books that I own
Genre-Binge read books in the same genre
Ebook TBR-Binge read books that I have as ebooks
ARC-Binge read books that I've gotten as ARC's
Publisher-Binge read books that are published by the same publisher
Stand Alones-Binge read books that are stand alones
Meme-Binge read books that have been featured on a meme post
Dying to Read-Binge read books that I'm dying to read
Yearly Goals-Bing read books that fulfill my yearly goals which includes any books from lists posted at the beginning of the year (LLFL, A-Z Reading Challenge, etcetera)

Each month, I'll have a prompt off of the Binge Read Wheel to read. Sometimes I'll spin the wheel. Others, I'll specifically pick the prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!